ੈ♡˳ COLOURFUL CANDY HEARTS

"HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, KOU!"

you smile, slinging an arm over his shoulders - which is a funny sight considering the height difference - he beams at you, "you too, y/n!" valentines day at fukorodani is no joke, lockers full of red velvet cupcakes and pink scented letters full of sweet words of adoration, the mood is lighthearted and everyone - even people who don't have dates - have a good day.

you sling your bag over your shoulder as you fiddle with the combination on the lockers lock, bokuto shoots you a nervous glance. he knows that he shouldn't be looking at his best friend like this but he just can't help admiring you. the boy takes a deep breathe when you finally get the lock open and swing the lockers door open.

the boy silently watches as your e/c eyes light up when you peer into your locker, of course it is valentines day but you didn't actually expect to get anything! 

"oooh~ you seem to have a secret admirer, y/n~" he rests his head on your shoulder, golden eyes still focused on you. you blink and let a laugh escape your lips, "wow, i can't even..." you reach out to take the small heart shaped box in your hands, it's baby pink and has a red velvet bow on it, he watches you undo the ribbon and open the lid.

inside, are a bunch of pastel candy hearts. bokuto smiles at your reaction, as you turn to him, a goofy grin plastered on your face. "kou! do you know who did this? there's no name!" he tilts his head to the side, a confused look on his face, "sorry y/n, i'm not sure." you sigh and fiddle with the ribbon on the box.

"it's okay, at least i got something, right?" the boy nods and pulls you into a warm embrace, "i'm sure whoever did it cares about you very much." and it's true, because he really does care about you more than anything in the world. you gasp and reach into the pockets of your blazer, "that reminds me! i have something for you!"

you pull out a small blue wrapper and pass it to the blushing boy, "y-you got me something??" you grin and roll your eyes, "course! you're my best friend, kou!" he takes the wrapper and undoes the thin ribbon, golden eyes gleaming as he pulls a little bracelet out of the packaging.

it's messy and rough around the edges, but still really pretty. there are three ribbons intertwining, one is f/c, baby blue and a pale pink, there's a clasp in the middle off of which three beads hang off. the beads spell out; 'I ♡ U' in bold black letters.

you fiddle with the end of your sleeves, "uh- i kinda made it myself so um.. it might not be the best? but i love you and really wanted to give you something-" bokuto puts his hand out, with the bracelet in his palm. 

"come on," you look up at him and he smiles, "put it on me." you laugh and unclasp the hook, his golden eyes watching your every move as you wrap the bracelet around his wrist and tie it back up. it suits him perfectly, he hopes you can't hear how loud his heartbeat is right now as your fingers graze his wrist.

"you wanna ditch class today?" he asks you, you give him a mischievous look and grin, "let's freakin' go!" and you take his hand in yours and run off, he glances at the bracelet on his wrist, a warm feeling blossoming in his chest.

he loves your gift, and he hopes you liked his too.