ੈ♡˳ YOU'RE MY LUCKY CHARM

HE RUNS A HAND THROUGH HIS HAIR,

calloused fingers sliding through tangles of his soft locks, as he takes a hasty sip from the bottle of water akaashi throws at him

calloused fingers sliding through tangles of his soft locks, as he takes a hasty sip from the bottle of water akaashi throws at him. he wipes his soft lips and chin with his bare arms and sets the bottle back on top of his jacket on the bench. the shrill whistle sounds and he un-enthusiastically jogs back to his position on the court, pouting.

akaashi nudges his shoulder, "dumbass. why the long face?" bokuto sticks his bottom lip out and looks at his feet, "it was because of my mistake we lost the first set." akaashi rolls his eyes, it was no use trying to cheer the other boy up since only one person was capable of that. turning around to face the group of onlookers seated at the bleachers. his ocean eyes meet yours and he subtly signals to bokuto with his head, you chuckle softly, standing up and taking a deep breath.

"OI!" you yell, heads turn towards you and people begin to laugh, but you try to ignore them as your face flushes red from the embarrassment and attention. "kou! you idiot!! quit sulking, ya big baby!!!" bokuto looks up, his golden eyes meeting your e/c ones. he crosses his arms defiantly, "but y/n!! i'm such a bad playerrr!! i don't deserve th—" you cut him off and give him a huge grin, your eyes sparkling, "what?? you're the best player ever! c'mon bokuto!! you can do this, i believe in you!!!"

a small smile plays on bokuto's lips as he turns to akaashi, "akaashi! do you think i'm the best player ever?" he repeats your words, a hopeful look in his eyes. akaashi scoffs and reaches out to ruffle his friends light hair, "yeah, idiot. you're better than the entire team." bokuto's face lights up, as he throws his arms around akaashi and beams, giving you a thumbs up, "thanks y/n!! when we win, promise you'll buy me boba?"

you smile, glad to have cheered your best friend up, and return his thumbs up enthusiastically, "hell yeah i will! now go and give it your all!!" he nods and skips back to his position as the game starts and the ball is served. people are still staring at you, their judgemental gazes burning into your body as they snicker at your immaturity. you self consciously wrap your arms around yourself and sit back down, laughing awkwardly.

the rest of the game goes quite smoothly, with fukorodani back in the lead after your little 'pep-talk' with their star player. the team powers through and you swear you almost lose your voice with all the loud cheering and yelling. eventually, your team wins and before you know it, you're pushing the door to the boba shop open and stepping inside.

bokuto walks alongside you, arms linked, in his sports uniform. you dust your school skirt off as you turn to him, "what flavour d'ya want?" he hums in thought, surveying the list of flavours and varieties.p for five entire minutes before just turning to you, "i'll just have what you're having." he says happily, you laugh at his actions and approach the cashier.

"hello, welcome to bubble's boba. what may i get you today?" she says in a tired voice. you smile politely and point to the flavour you and bokuto want, "may i get two medium cups of (boba flavour) please?" she punches some keys on the register and rubs her eyes, "will that be all for today?" you nod and pay the due amount, turning to bokuto. "should we sit down?" he nods and pulls his arm away from yours, only to grab your hand instead.

he pulls you through the array of tables and small groups of people chatting and laughing to a little, cozy booth at the very back of the shop. you slide into the seat across from him, as he lets go of your hand. you can't help but miss his warmth. "hey y/n, can i ask you something?" you shove your hands into your blazer pockets to try and warm them up. "yeah. course you can, kou." the boy hesitates, fiddling with a napkin on the table. "um, earlier today— when you called me the best player ever, did you really mean that?"

a soft chuckle accidentally slips past your lips as you reach out to take both his hands in yours, again. "of course i did, koutaro! you're an amazing player. you're dedicated, committed and you always give it your best shot!" his gaze trails down, "d-do you think i'm a good friend too?" you scrunch your nose cutely. "what sorta stupid question is that? obviously! you've always been there for me, in my highs and lows. i love you, kou and you know that!"

his breath hitches in his throat upon hearing you say those words. i love you, kou. he knows you mean it in an entirely platonic way, but he can't help it when his heart starts beating faster, his hands go sweaty and his face feels warm. he squeezes your hands gently, eyes meeting yours as he laughs at himself for being so stupid and hopeless. "hmm, i love you too." he confesses. and he means it, he really does.

but in such a different way.

the plot of this book basically no
i'm not even kidding literally ;
bokuto; (◞‸◟) *sad*
y/n; * breathes *
bokuto; (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵) ily !!