ੈ♡˳ DANCING IN THE RAIN

YOU GLANCE OUT THE WINDOW,

"it's raining." you say to the boy sitting across from you. he takes a small sip of his boba and sighs, "i didn't bring an umbrella." you tilt your head to the side, "hm, neither did i but it's fine." he looks up at you, realisation dawning on him, "oh god, y/n!" he groans, "you're not seriously thinking what i think you're thinking, right?"

you raise an eyebrow at him, "well that depends what you think i'm thinking." bokuto simply shakes his head, "what am i gonna do with you, i swear..." laughing, you stand up and pull your phone out of your blazer pocket to go on google maps to check something. he watches your e/c eyes light up as he finishes his drink, "bo! we'll be fine, it's a three minute walk to the bus stop."

"are you sure?" he stands up hesitantly. "i don't want you getting sick." you roll your eyes but he doesn't miss the small grin playing on your glossed lips. "yeah yeah, don't worry about me, kou." as the two of you make your way to the door, he holds it open for you, "how can i not worry about you?" he quietly murmurs under his breath, but you don't hear him due to the light pitter-patter of the rain.

you step out onto the street, "it smells like rain!" you remark excitedly, watching in awe as the rain softly falls onto the road, the crisp air kissing your skin gently. bokuto nods, "that's called petrichor," you step out from under the neon pink awning and step out onto the busy street, bokuto watches as you stick your tongue out, drops of rain dancing down your face and arms, your messy h/c hair clinging to your neck. you look beautiful, you look so fucking beautiful.

bokuto sighs frustratedly, angry not at you, but at himself: who was he kidding? you were always beautiful.

he reaches out to take your hands in his, clasping them gently as a soft smile graces his delicate features. "y/n, my fairest lady, may i have this dance?" you giggle at your best friends silly antics, "yes, yes you may." he begins to gently twirl you around, one of his calloused hands slithering to your waist as the two of you slowly fall into a synchronised harmony of movements, the rain lightly dripping down your bodies. his golden eyes gaze at you as a breezy laugh escapes your lips.

it was probably in that moment, under the safety of the heavy cloud'
precipitation that after years of having stayed by your side, that bokuto realises it: holy shit, he watches you, just as he has been for so long since the two of you were little kids, careless and free. but now a realisation has fallen across him, something he hates himself for not realising sooner;

i'm so in love with you.

this book is SO fun 2 write oh GOD
and btw!! he didn't suddenly fall 4 her
since keep in mind they've been best
friends since childhood, so yeah 💖✨
hopefully u had fun reading uwu !! <3
0k did i publish this whilst sitting in the
bathroom waiting for my shower 2 heat
up ?? yes, yes i did OKAY NOW BYE
— riya 😃🔫