ੈ♡˳ SORRY I'M SUCH A BITCH

"YOU GUYS HAD A FIGHT?"

"akaashi, one day, i swear i'm going to run away and live in a cottage with my adopted owl, i hate it here." bokuto mumbles into the phone.

akaashi scoffs, "can you legally adopt an owl? and even if you did run away, you wouldn't last a day." the boy grins.

"you're mean." bokuto states, a neutral expression on his face and no tone to his voice.

"no, you're mean." akaashi says, "i can't believe you did that to y/n and you're victimising yourself."

"i'm not victimising myself, i just don't know what to say to her." he sighs, running a hand through his messy white hair.

akaashi clicks his tongue, "maybe start with a 'sorry i was being such a bitch earlier, i'm just jealous you're friends with someone who isn't me.'"

"that's not fair! she has lots of friends. i never stop her from being with them and i never get upset over it." bokuto frowns, "i just..."

"you just what?" his friend sighs wearily, "and why now? what's so special about heather that it's making you act this way with her? she's your whole world, your best friend — don't you think that was low of you?"

"i don't know! he's just so fucking stupid." bokuto grumbles, kicking a pebble with his shoes. the boy decided to go on a walk to clear his head, lazy sunlight streaming down onto him.

"bokuto, why are you so mad? wait — you're not jealous of heather... right?" akaashi asks cautiously over the line.

"jealous?" bokuto's stomach churns, he picks up a defensive tone and kicks another rock, harder, "what's there to be jealous of?"

akaashi only shakes his head, "nothing, literally nothing — if anything, he should be jealous of you."

"i know! i'm her best friend, he's just some creepy loner!" the boy exclaims. "i don't get why she likes him so much!"

"yeah well she isn't going to stay your best friend if you act like that towards hef, right now she probably thinks you're the creep." the ravenette explains.

"i messed up, didn't i?" bokuto asks, running a hand over his face wearily.

akaashi scoffs, "no shit, bokuto. i'm ending the call now so go and apologise to her, okay?" the ravenette adds on, "and no excuses, you're doing this now."

"thank you akaashi, i don't know what i'd do without you." bokuto knits his eyebrows together as his friend laughs sarcastically, "you'd probably be living in some abandoned cottage with your pet owl. oh and good luck."

before bokuto can get another word in, the call disconnects - he moves his phone back to stare at the dark screen, his reflection visible.

the boy looks up, slightly alarmed at the fact that while he was walking, he found himself unconsciously making his way to your house. "damn," he curses, laughing wryly. "i'm down so bad."

no excuses, akaashi's voice reminds him.

"okay, just say sorry." he works himself up, approaching the front door and trying to build up some confidence. "you can do this, bokuto koutaro! you're one of the top five aces in japan, you got this!"

he takes a deep breath and knocks on the deont door, when the doorknob shifts and you open the door, eyes meeting each other's— "i'm sorry!" you both blurt out at the same time.

"wait what?" he asks, confusion written all over the boys face as he looks at you, "why are you apologising, y/n?"

"oh shit." you laugh awkwardly, pulling on your sleeves. "you can go first, i... i have a lot to say." he nods and looks at you with regret in his golden eyes, "sorry i'm such a bitch."

you shake your head, stepping out and closing the door behind you. "no, i'm sorry for being so unreasonable. i need to communicate more with you, and i shoulda let you know instead of ditching you." you explain.

"so please forgive me, i'm really sorry." you fiddle with the rings on your fingers. "we haven't talked in a few days and it's been killing me, can we go back to normal because i absolutely fucking hate fighting with you."

"yeah but i was a drama queen," he admits whilst looking down at his faded converse. "you don't owe me friendship and i don't own you, i have no right acting like i'm the only friend you're allowed to have."

"you're not just a friend, kou." you smile softly, pulling him in. the boys eyes widen and he freezes up in anticipation as you lean in closer. "you're so much more than that."

"you're my best friend." you beam, planting a chaste kiss on his cheek and stepping on the tips of your toes to ruffle his hair. "i missed you the past few days, and i forgive you so please don't worry anymore." you admit. "let's never fight again, okay?"

bokuto blinks, swallowing the lump in his throat and trying to calm down. he doesn't know what you're saying, all he can hear is the erratic beating of his own heart. "sure, yeah." he forces a smile, "never again."

"so," you glance back at your door and give him a mischievous smile, raising an eyebrow as you grab one of his hands in yours. "what do you say we ditch this place and have some fun?"

bokuto still can't stop but hope for more, "what type of fun?" he asks tentatively, face flushed and eyes trained on your intertwined hands.

"i'm thinking karaoke and churros." you grin, "you up for it? my treat."

he nods, squeezing your hand and pulling you closer. the boy rests his head on top of yours. "i'm always up for anything if it's with you, y/n." he closes his eyes.

"you must have really missed me, bo." you laugh, melting into his embrace.

he sighs, "you have no idea." the boys eyes flutter open, longing in his golden orbs as a feeling of suadade washes over him. "i love you, you know that, right?"

"i know." you say in a soft voice, the two of you walking together down the footpath, "but i love you ten times more." as you lead him away, a chuckle slips past bokuto's lips at your words.

if only.

notes !!
suadade; a longing for love that isn't there

ALSO WHY IS THIS SO SAD WTF
IM MAKING UP FOR IT NEXT CH
I FUCKEN HATE ANGST BRO
WHERES MY FLUFF PLEASE 🥀💔