ੈ♡˳ THE TIP OF MY TONGUE

"NO OFFENCE, AKAASHI, BUT HOW EXACTLY WILL THIS HELP?"

"listen, are you the romance manga enthusiast here or is it me?" akaashi asks, pushing his glasses up his nose. the ravenette briefly glances at bokuto: "trust me when i say this'll help y/n realise you're the only boy for her."

"but i just don't see howww!" bokuto pouts, repeatedly poking his friend's shoulder. akaashi is sitting at his desk, doodling little pictures of his OC's onto the margins of his maths notebook. funny thing is there is no maths in the notebook. "can't you just explain to me?"

bokuto is sprawled on the boy's bed, pillow under his chest and feet swinging in the air, he holds his face in the palm of his hands.

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"akaashi."

"aka—"

akaashi slams his maths notebook shut, and turns to bokuto with a scarily sweet smile on his lips. "why are you like this, bokuto? why are we even friends again?" akaashi asks, leaning dangerously close to the boy on his bed. "please tell me why i decided to ever talk to you in the first place."

"what!!!" bokuto gasps, genuinely looking distressed at akaashi's words. "do you honestly not remember or are you being sarcastic because i genuinely can't tell right now." he exclaims, "please tell me you remember our very first conversation or i'm going to start crying. don't test me 'kaashi."

"no wonder y/n doesn't like you - !!" the sulking boy sends a pillow hurtling at his best friends face, who just narrowly misses it. "did you just throw my own fucking pillow at me??" akaashi gasps. bokuto merely sinks into the former's bedsheets, wrapped in his duvet like a human meat roll. (there really is no other way to describe this)

lips curling into some small semblence of a smile. silently, akaahi reaches for the pillow besides him. he throws his arms backwards to build momentum before they come crashing down, feathers and all, onto a very moody bokuto. 

the latter scrambles for space, reaches for a graduation teddy sitting prettily on akaashi's bedside table, and holds it up in self defence. "don't come near me or i swear - i will hurt linda." he draws his thumb across the bear's soft, soft neck, and akaashi grins.

laughter like a million bells, and then he lunges for his best friend. life can be a conundrum sometimes, but small, simple moments like this link together into tiny victories that make it all that little more bearable to keep pushing forwards.