ੈ♡˳ GODDAMN CRUSH CULTURE

messy writing style, will get back to normal soon, just needed to do something different to get out of a writing slump !! :D

CONTRARY TO,

popular belief. it's actually very relaxing and fun to sit by the river and just simply watch ducks whilst talking to the people you love.

you take off a piece of the crust from your honeyed bread and throw it to the ducks, as they flock to the edge of the pond just to fight to assert duck dominance - i mean, fight to get that bread. sorry, i'll stop trying to avoid actually writing a chapter after five months. laughs painfully.

bokuto quietly glances at you, his eyes nervously scanning your face for any sign of discomfort or boredom. he finds himself feeling so conscious about you and what you think. the boy drums his fingers on his knee rhythmically, trying to calm down and stop being such a mess.

'just start a damn conversation!' he screams at himself mentally. 'oh, if only i had thought of that!' a salty voice in his head responds sarcastically. bokuto shuts out his inner #demons and decides to make an attempt in socialising without feeling the urge to defenestrate.

"so." he says, scratching his neck awkwardly, because he doesn't really know what to do with his hands, "how's life?" ah, the question of please-talk-to-me-i-want-to-start-a-conversation-but-i'm-literally-a-virgo, he wants to throw himself into the pond when silence falls over the two of you.

he watches the ducks pass by. a minute or two passes in silence, save for the sounds of trees rustling and people laughing, until you fill the silence with the voice he's come to adore so much.

"i've been thinking." you take a deep breath, "feelings and stuff are confusing me, ya know? just in a very muddled up place right now." you respond honestly. bokuto nods his head in agreement with your words - 'because why are feelings actually so ??? like, do you like me? or not? like? like??? like??????'

"tell me about it!" the boy lets out a short, low laugh. "i actually needed to say somethi-"

"YOOOO!?!" a familiar voice interrupts the two of you. one that belongs to a certain energetic ginger, the one and only; annoying orange (real!!!) hinata grins, followed by a very tired tsukishima and pretty akaashi.

"hi, i guess." the bored blonde greets the two of you.

akaashi smiles knowingly at his best friend, "hey y/n and bo, what're you guys up to?"

"nothing much, just sitting by the pond and watching ducks." you reply honestly, before scooting closer to bokuto and gesturing to the empty space besides you, "you're welcome to join, if you want." you don't really want them to join, but it'd be awkward if they just stood around. you hope they'll decline, and move on to wherever they were going before.

unfortunately, they don't. "thanks y/n!!! i wanna see some ducks as well!!!" hinata exclaims, taking a seat next to you, followed by akaashi and tsukki. the bench is pretty cramped now, which is kind of weird to you because you're not the closest with hinata - so, naturally, you move into bokuto more, seeking comfort and familiarity.

the boy drapes his arm over your shoulders, "i didn't want them to join us." he says, quietly, so that only you can hear him. "i like doing things with just you and i much more."

you lean into him, humming in agreement with his words and trying to pay attention to what the other three boys are saying as well. your eyes trail over to the ducks, as they sit on the serene pond in silence - almost like something you'd see in a painting.

akaashi meets bokuto's eyes, a small smile curing on the former boys lips. he gestures to the girl leaning into him with a knowing look, to which bokuto flushes bright red. you zone out, but you can vaguely hear somebody mentioning bokuto's name - it sounds like akaashi, "soooo guys. remember when bokuto saved those orphans from the fire?"

tsukishima grimaces, "is it mating season alr - WHAT THE FUCK?" he instinctively lets out, when akaashi kicks his legs. the blonde turns to the pretty setter, but before he can say anything about how stupid this orphan thing is - hinata interrupts.

"oOHHH YEAH?? didn't he save, like, five orphans from the burning building?"

"right?? he's so brave and funny and smart... wait, nevermind." akaashi hesitates. "at least he's brave and funny?"

you raise an eyebrow at their words, looking up to face the boy next to you. he shrugs, tryna play it cool in front of you - "what can i say? i love helping orphans."

"omg!! are you guys on a daaaaaaate lenny face is bokuto your boyffffiiiiiiieeeee??!?!" hinata teases, getting all up in your face. tsukishima promptly grabs him by the collar and pulls the tangerine back, stumbling into akaashi's shoulder. "ow!! what was that for?"

"give people their space, idiot!" tsukki scowls, "and also because you said lenny face out loud." the blonde deadpans, "hinata, you are the weakest link, truly."

"HUH?? AT LEAST IM NOT SHAPED LIKE A LAMPPOST BEANSTALK UGLY ASS GANGLY GORILLA... or something idk i don't watch attack on titan."

"stay mad," tsukki laughs lowly, "i'm still taller than you."

"OK AND? I'M AT THE PERFECT HEIGHT TO BITE YOUR KNEES."

"guys -" akaashi tries to break them up, "forget this; what about the orphans - ?"

"this is boring and irrelevant." you feel bokuto lean into your ear as the boys argue, "how about me and you go somewhere else, somewhere quiet - just the two of us." he pulls away, an expectant smile on his face. "what do 'ya say, y/n?"

"yeah." you smile, getting up, "just the two of us."

and just like that, the two of you slip away from the duck pond and park bench, hand in hand - leaving poor akaashi to have to deal with hinata and tsukishima alone. he notices you leave, out of the corner of his eyes, but says nothing, and just shakes his head fondly.

"how can two people be so stupid...?" he muses, watching you guys walk away.

hinata frowns, "did you just call me stupid, akaashi? i thought we were friends... top 10 anime betrayals..."

tsukishima throws a rock in his face.

akaashi takes a deep breath; this is going to be a long day.

/ notes !!

hey :) im gonna double update in a min <3 and its a sweet chapter too to make up for this useless fukcing filler PROJECTILE VOMITS what is the writing in this.... omg i m so sorry.....

i say min but im a dumb bitch anf writing is a hard process *sweats profusely*

sorry for updating after so long i had NO motivation even tho the entire book is planned out LMFSOMEKDNK <///333 anyways albedo villain arc?!?!? yeah. destroy mondstadt ig... and then me..

says the whore on ar 14.

OK BYE FR THIS IS SO SAD WHATEHFUCK

- riya 😎👍🏽