ੈ♡˳ MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

THERE'S SOMETHING SPECIAL,

about running through a field of fringed tulips in the shade of a beautiful sunset with someone you've known for seven years. the breeze kissing your skin and the goofy grins shared when you accidentally lose your footing and stumble - but you don't fall, you never do, because he catches you at the last second.

he always has, and so have you. it's an unspoken agreement, that if you fall; i will be here to catch you. and if i mess it up, then i'll fall with you and we can both be a laughing mess of limbs and love. neither of you need to say it out loud, because one glance at the other is enough to know, enough to see.

words are flimsy, they can be taken back and regretted - but falling into someone as you both come crashing down on pink and orange and yellow tulips is anything but. it feels secure and it feels safe and it feels like the epitome of sunshine on a warm summer's day, well, according to all the love songs you listen to on spotify.

this is something far beyond that, it's not supposed to be this messy - but you're breathless and tired and tangled limbs, all laughing gleefully and giggling quietly, as you watch, heart brimming with absolute adoration, whilst bokuto picks a few stray flowers, weaves them into the loose shape of something that resembles a crown. 

he sets it on your head, and it's lopsided and falling apart, because he's this clumsy boy and oh! you grab his fingers, because they're bleeding. he's pricked himself on a thorn, making you the flower crown, so you kiss the cut that always bleeds, don't take your eyes off his flushed face for a moment, before you intertwine his hands in yours for safekeeping, of course.

and he's a babbling mess who can barely speak and all you can think, with such surety that you hate yourself for not realising this sooner; is i love you, i love you, i love you.

.