ੈ♡˳ NOT A LITTLE BOY ANYMORE

⚠️ — ik this fic is fluff but this one chap might be kinda ooc for bokuto ahhh my mans finally snapped so small warning for kou being a bit intense ??? LOL nothing too bad but proceed w caution!!

"CAN I HAVE SOME?"

bokuto looks at you sideways, a small smile on his face as he passes you the bottle of iced tea. you put it to your lips and take a refreshing sip, "so!" you smile, facing your best friend.

"yeah?" bokuto asks, you gently spin the bottle around, e/c eyes trained on his golden ones. "are you going to tell me what's on your mind?" you ask him, leaning forward slightly.

"i don't know what you mean?" he asks, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. "you're distracted, bokuto." you state, poking his cheek. "i've known you for so long, do you think i can't tell?"

"it's not a big deal." the boy tries brushing it off, reaching for the drink in your hands, he swiftly takes a sip and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, "trust me."

"kou, please don't dismiss your own feelings..." you trail off, reaching for his warm hand and taking it in your colder ones. the boy shivers slightly, a small smile on his lips, "your hands are cold."

"i know." you say, turning to the front and looking out the window to quietly watch the pink moon. silence falls over the two of you like a heavy blanket, as the boy sighs. "you promise you won't judge?"

"you know i won't." you reassure him, as he runs a hand through his light hair. "i'm just worried, that the person i love most doesn't need me anymore, i feel like i'm going to be replaced."

"oh my god!" you gasp, turning to him. "is this why you called me earlier when you asked about heather?" he sighs, resting his head on the steering wheel and looking at you, "yeah...  i was worried."

"kou! you've got nothing to be worried about," you furrow your eyebrows when the boy frowns, "but you didn't even eat lunch with me, because of him."

"koutaro, i'm not replacing you." you sigh and laugh wearily, although he's your best friend and you're so grateful for him; sometimes he can be exhausting to deal with.

"i know i skipped out on lunch with you and i'm sorry because i should have told you beforehand, and that's on me." you explain, "and i can see where you're coming from but you will always—" you turn to the boy besides you, "—be my number one."

"are you sure?" he asks, genuinely looking so upset that you swear your heart physically breaks, "are you absolutely positive that you'll never replace me, n/n?"

"promise, bo. i'm absolutely positive." you let a small smile grace your lips as he brings his pinky finger up towards you, still pouting. "pinky promise?" he whispers, the soft glow of the pink moon illuminating his features.

he looks ethereal.

"pinky promise," you breathe, taking in just how beautiful he is, as you intertwine your pinky with his and shake on it. almost immediately, a huge grin blossoms on his face. "gah! i'm so happy you love me more than heather!"