ੈ♡˳ MIDNIGHT GHIBLI MARATHON

agarghshi 😒😰🤞hey dumbass

agarghshi 😒😰🤞
hey dumbass

bokuTOE 🙀💥
who r u callinf dumbass akaashi??!?!

agarghshi 😒😰🤞
you,,, who else LMAO anyways !!
hows the y/n situation coming along

bokuTOE 🙀💥
LOL oh its ok HAHA but yeah ITS ok

agarghshi 😒😰🤞
so it's basically not ok

bokuTOE 🙀💥
jjjjsjhjashsjj she invited me over yk?
for a sleepover. im rlly nervous HAHA
do i go orrr.... LOL 😢😢😁
cuz mums asking me 2 hurry up n pack
but idk if i should even be there 😋😋💔

agarghshi 😒😰🤞
literally go,,,, u get to spend a night w her
i dont get why u wouldn't go ://
who doesn't want more time w their crush?

bokuTOE 🙀💥
i don't want to ruin our friendship aaaa :((
it'll be awkward as frICk but i'll go
the things i do 4 u agarshi 😘😘🏳‍🌈

agarghshi 😒😰🤞
yeah yeah whatever u big oaf
just TRY not to stress 2much,, yeah???
and imo u shld totally make a move on her
text me tmrw morning if anything happens

bokuTOE 🙀💥
thank uu akaahhihihihishi!!! i will :]
i'm not promising anything
but yee 😁😁💋 ttyl bestie!

agarghshi 😒😰🤞
say that again and i will end your future bloodline.
ANYWAYS! just stop texting me and leave
have fun or wtvr ig 🙄🙄✋

bokuto shuts off his phone, a smile on his face. he slips it into the pocket of his jeans and pulls a hoodie over his head, throwing together a last minute duffel bag and hauling it downstairs into the boot of his parents car.

the entire ride there, he doesn't say a single word to his mum; which strikes her as strange considering that most of the time, before a sleepover (or before doing anything in general which involves you) bokuto is really excited.

she clears her throat, glancing at her son. "something on your mind, koutarou?"

bokuto's got a pretty stable relationship with his mum, and for a second, the overly emotional part of him considers blurting out; 'yeah, i've just come to realise i'm in love with my childhood best friend and i really wanna kiss her but i don't wanna lose her to some stupid one-sided feelings.'

but the analytical, composed part of him wins over so all he says is; "mm, yeah. stressed about school and volleyball. it'll be nice to have a break from it all, you know what i mean?"

the elder woman buys it and jumps into a lecture about how he should take breaks and not overwork himself. "kids these days need to understand how important a good work and life balance is! i mean . . ."

he zones out, looking out the window and watching lanes of colourful cars pass by. zooming right past him, close; but so out of reach. he sinks into his seat, a nervous feeling blossoming in his stomach. or maybe it's just the butterflies from thinking about you, who knows?

definitely the butterflies, he can't help but think, as he hauls his bag out the back of the car and swings it over his shoulder. his mum plants a big kiss on his cheek, and he stands in front of your door, desperately trying to wipe the lipstick mark off with the back of his hand.

"stop being a dummy and just ring the doorbell!" he whisper-shouts at himself, building up the courage to face you, he has no idea why he's so nervous. it's not as if you'll read his mind and see the real way he feels about you, but he feels so guilty for liking you. he finally knocks on the door and waits for a good two minutes.

when there's no reply, the boy breathes out a sigh of relief and turns around on his heels, pulling out his phone to text his mum. "mum, please pick me up, i'm scared." he reads out his text aloud, but just as he's about to send it, the door swings open. a voice he recognises all too well laughing, "bo!! you made it!!!"

he quickly shoves his phone into his pockets and turns around to greet you. you reach your arms out for a hug, and in just a second after seeing you, all his nerves disappear as he picks you up and spins you around, a huge lopsided grin on his face. "y/nnn!" he drags your name on, "i missed you so much!!" you raise a brow as he sets you down, "we saw each other yesterday, kou??"

he crosses his arms and frowns, "i didn't like it, too much time without you." at first, you laugh; thinking that it's another one of his jokes, or maybe he's just exaggerating. but then you see the dead serious look in his golden eyes and falter. for a moment, the two of you stay silent, just staring at each other.

oddly, your heart starts beating — not that it wasn't beating before, but you're more conscious of it now, and it feels like it's going to jump right out of your chest.

the boy suddenly speaks up with a small chuckle, "are you not gonna invite me in?" you snap out of your trance and shake your head, moving to the side to let him in. "sorry, i zoned out. but come in!" you say, helping him carry his bag inside as he takes his sneakers off and slips into a pair of monkey slippers.

since the boy is always over, the two of you figured he might as well keep some of his things over at your place, instead of being a hassle and having to always bring them with him. so necessities like slippers, a toothbrush, and a spare set of clothes were always kept around just in case.

"so, hows your saturday been so far?" bokuto asks you, as you lead him to your room. you smile, "it's been good so far, i'm really glad your mum let you stay over — there's so much we can do." in all honesty, the things you want to do when the two of you are alone. in the same room. overnight. are probably very different to what he wants to do. iykwim.

anyways! 😁😁🔫

you help him unpack his stuff and tell him all about what's being going on lately. contrary to his loud personality, bokuto is actually a very good listener. especially when it comes to you; he honestly wouldn't mind just sitting there and listening to you talk for hours on end, about the things you love and the things you hate, he takes in every little detail.

"— so then, this girl has the audacity to call me a bitch???" you rant to him, "like, as if you're not a bigger one, karen." he doesn't really understand how girl politics work, but he tries his best. "what? that's rich coming from her! lemme just talk to karen," he exclaims, a passive aggressive smile plastered on his face. you shake your head, "nah, it's alright. the bigger problem is which movie we're watching tonight."

"ooh!" bokuto zips the suitcase back up and turns to you, eyes shining. "maybe a ghibli film?" he suggests, knowing you love them. and just as he thought you would; you immediately start fangirling over the studios movies, "no because we should totally have a ghibli movie marathon! i wanna see my man howl and kiki's and - oh my gosh! spirited away, that movie has me crying, please!"

he adores it when you talk about things you love, that excitement in your e/c eyes and the huge smile on your glossy lips has him so goddamm whipped. and thought it's a stretch, maybe nothing more than an impossible dream —

he really hopes you talk about him that way too.

/ notes !!
ÄÆÅĘĒHJJJŠŚ damn i want my s/o to have a ghibli marathon w me or are we even together????????? ☹️💔

also haha this is kinda messy but i'm trying out sumn new grrrr 😁😁🐾

but yeah ,,, stay safe n sexy!!!1!

reeya🤑🤑😻🤌🏽