ੈ♡˳ CRUSH CULTURE CRASH COURSE

"NOW FIRST THINGS FIRST,"

akaashi says, "you've known y/n a long time, so you should know the basics about her, right?" he taps his pen against the desk

akaashi says, "you've known y/n a long time, so you should know the basics about her, right?" he taps his pen against the desk. maths class sucks with all the pop quizzes the teacher gives, but right now, bokuto's more concerned about this certain quiz.

"yeah," he says confidently, "test me." akaashi shrugs, "all right, i'll ask you some basic questions you should know the answer to - and if you don't," he looks at his friend sideways, azure gaze unwavering, "then you might want to reconsider this whole 'crush' thing."

"puh-lease." bokuto sticks his tongue out, "i know y/n the best, shoot." he dares the ravennete. akaashi nods, "all right, then. birthday?"

"obviously i know this one! i've been to all her birthday parties since i was five! it's xx / xx / xx!"

"okay, favourite colour?"

"f/c - it's what her bedroom wall is painted in!"

"right, favourite book?"

"this one book called f/b! we read it together, actually. i really liked it too!"

"okay, wow. favourite singers or bands?"

"she's got the best music taste, she really likes xxx, we're going to go to one of their concerts together soon!"

"bruh. do you just do everything together?"

bokuto flushes red and sinks into his seat, "hey!" he pouts, "what's with that weird question?" akaashi rolls his eyes, "give me a break, bo. you're in love with this girl but you can't admit it, can you?"

"l-l-l-love?!?" the taller boy burns even brighter and covers his face, desperately stripping over his words, "wh-who said a-anything about l-l-love?" akaashi just sighs, "sometimes," he mutters, "you're a real idiot."

the bell rings, signaling the end of the last class for the day. both boys stand up to pack up their things, akaashi slams his maths textbook shut, "i think it's safe to say you've mastered phase one, so we can move onto phase two now."

bokuto raises an eyebrow, gathering all his pens and stuffing them into his pencil case, "what exactly does phase one mean?" akaashi slings his bag over his shoulder, looking at his friend over his shoulder, "phase one of the confession plan, get to know them."

a small smile dances on his lips, at how embarrassed bokuto gets at the mention of you with how he's accidentally dropped all his books and pencils on the table, "but you've clearly got that one covered, right bo?" he teases, exiting the classroom.

bokuto huffs and begins gathering his things up again, "darn 'kaashi." but he still can't help the goofy grin which creeps onto his lips.

it's a cold afternoon, especially for that time of year. he's grateful it isn't raining, though because walking home in that sort of dreary and wet weather absolutely sucks. bokuto looks around the swarm of students streaming out of the school, hoping to see you.

and when he does catch sight of you; he swears the cacophony of clamouring students pauses and he can only hear his erratic heart. you give him a smile, a normal gesture and yet it makes his breathe hitch in his throat, anda feeling of blooming butterflies erupts in his stomach.

"hey koutaro!" you link your arm in with his and drag him out of the schools gates, "god, today was so tiring." you whine, bokuto stays silent, more than happy to just hear your voice, "this one boy literally won't stop staring at me, and it's kinda weird."

he freezes, "what the fuck?" you turn to him, sighing wearily, "yeah, i offered the new guy help showing him around our school and i dunno, he probably sees me as some sort of saint now, no offence to him-" you say, "-but it's really creepy."

bokuto meets your gaze, he can see you're tired, so he doesn't push it. but that doesn't help the twisting feeling of jealousy forming in his mind, he'll talk to you about this later, when he isn't as upset, so that you can sort it out together, calmly and rationally.

for now, he stays silent for a minute. you shiver, "kou, aren't you cold?" you ask him, tilting your head to the side. he looks at you sideways, "are you?" you nod and rub your arms together, "at least it isn't raining, right?"

bokuto just nods and says nothing for a moment, then he extends his hand towards you, "uhm. . j-just give me your hands." you blink, feeling confused at what exactly he wants, "ayyo, you into hands orrr??"

he flushes red, "n-no!! i just thought. . . it might, uhm, warm you up?" he says it more like a question than a statement, and you laugh, placing your hands into his. he intertwines his fingers with yours and slips them into the pocket of his school blazer.

"are- are you warm yet?" he asks in a quiet voice, you nod, a small laugh slipping past your lips, "i don't deserve you, kou." you hum, squeezing his hand lightly, "i really don't." he glances at you and smiles, admiration etched into his golden eyes, "y/n." he says softly, "you deserve the whole world."

. . . and i want to be the one to give it to you.