ੈ♡˳ GOD! JUST KISS ME ALREADY

TW > blood

TW > blood.

THE SHRILL SOUND OF A CHILD SCREAMING,

is what pulls you out of your initial state of shock. for a second, you just sit there — collapsed on the floor of the ferris wheel's carriage but thankfully, with a trembling hand placed over your pulsing, beating heart, very much alive.

you find yourself swaying as you stand up, knees scraped from when you hit the metal sides of the carriage as it jolted downwards. it hurts, and you find yourself limping, but it could have been worse. when you get down to ground, you'll have it checked and treated. "for now," you mumble under your breath, using the sides of the carriage as support to walk. "there are more important things."

having confirmed you're okay, your next thought is to check on bokuto. he's leaning against the bottom of the seats, eyes closed. at first, panic takes over, but when you take his wrists into your hands, you can feel his soft and steady pulse against your finger tips. your heart still hammering, you let out a relieved breath and take a step back, standing up to find out how a quiet moment at the carnival lead to... this.

with your heart in your mouth, you step towards the edge and tentatively peek over to see what's happened. none of the colourful or flashing carnival lights are on, but there are flashes of blinding white from phone torches and some softer pastels from glow sticks. because of how high up on the wheel you are, you can't really make anything out from the general commotion below you. the wheel's lights are still down, and you're enveloped on darkness save for the soft glow the moon casts, and some illumination from the city lights nearby.

you grab your phone from your pocket and head to google. typing in some keywords about a power outage in the area — it's both daunting and comforting to find that while the power did unexpectedly go out for a few seconds, there have not been any injuries so far, and you aren't going to fall to your demise, just stay suspended until emergency services are called out to assist everyone stranded on a ride to get down.

with this new information, you let out a laugh. one that is both nervous and happy and confused. bokuto stirs, and you find yourself by his side, propped up in front of him on one knee. you rest a hand to his forehead, and then the sides of his face. "hey," you lightly slap him into consciousness. "how are you feeling, koutaro? i need you to talk to me."

the boy's eyes flutter open, golden pools of thick, sweet honey staring back at you. his face is flushed and sweaty, and you can feel his pulse racing against your fingers on the side of his wet neck. "i'm okay." he sits up straight and glances around, swallowing hard at the darkness. "what happened? it was so fast, i don't even..."

"power outage." you exhale, moving to his side and letting yourself rest against his chest. "we're going to be stuck up here until the fire fighters and ambulance arrive to help." you say. "maybe even the police, i don't know. that was fucking crazy, wasn't it?" you muse, still not able to grasp how quickly that went from a 0 to 100.