SANS X READER

END

Too many people died, too many monsters dusted away. The smell of death, dust and rotten corpses pollute the air. There was no where you went that you didn't smell it. The sad part is you get used to it after a while. The dead bodies, the blood, the dust, the screams, all the chaos. I wished I could run away from it all, but there was nowhere to run, not anymore.

I looked on at the burning town before me. I watched as different fumes of smoke floated into the sky mixing with the soft yellow hues of the clouds, turning it into a depressed and foreboding gray. I recalled a time when things weren't like this. When the buildings stood firm with no holes blown inside of them, the streets clean ,and everyone got along and instead of ripping at each others throats.  A time when I could stand together with him and hold his hand. But that is no more, everything is no more.

All I can do now is look on with down cast eyes as everything goes to hell. I hadn't seen him since that day. Everything changed within the blink of an eye. All of sudden people were dying and rioting, and it broke out into a war. I sat inside my home watching everything unfold from a tv screen. I was scared and worried but he was always there to comfort me. Then, somehow, everything changed completely. The madness that was eating at the world slowly started to eat at us and eventually we turned on each other. Our love was not enough, or perhaps we didn't love each other as much as we thought. It hurts to think that even now, I love sans and I miss him. But as much as I want to go back to those days is it already to late?

I could hear the screams and explosions from the hill I sat on. Even this place that I treasured so dearly managed to be kept away from the chaos. Here sans and I would go star gazing, here was the only safe place I felt I could escape to, just for a moment. I was tired of killing monsters and I was tired of people dying. I no longer wanted to fight, but I didn't have much choice in that anymore. I have to do this to-

Snap

I stood up and grabbed my knife ready to fight whoever managed to find their way up here. However I paused and lowered my hands to my side as I saw sans standing there looking just as surprised as me. The look faded away and instead despair and regret settled onto his boney face. I smiled a pitiful smile. A sad and pitiful smile.

"Hi..." I said softly

"....Hi" he responded the same

Our eyes drifted to the ground and caught one another's again.

"I miss you" I told him

He seemed to waver and he clenches his fists before he relaxes his hands again "I missed you to..."

My eyes droop and the small smile I had falters.

"...were you trying to escape to?" I asked

"...yes" he responded, I could see just how tired and broken he looked. I wanted to go to him and wrap my arms around him, but I stopped myself from doing so. I bit my lip and looked back at the chaos behind me.

"I've coming here for a while now,  what made brought you here?" I asked

"...it was the only peaceful place I had left..." he said

I looked back at him " cant we go back?"  I asked softly, hopeful

"I want to run away from all of this, I just want us" my voice cracked

Sans looked at me sorrowful yet cold slowly as he threw his feelings away "we cant go back y/n...the moment we turned out back on each other it was already too late to go back"

"Why?" It came out as a whisper

He took a step forward.

"Why?"