Instinct (part 1)

I sat in the darkness of my cell just thinking about the possibilities,  what was going to happen to me now. I heard the creak of the door as it opened and my eyes squinted at the light.

"Today's your lucky day y/n, we have a job for you"

Lucky, yeah right I can only imagine.

"If you complete this successfully well forget about your betrayal and welcome you again to us"

Now this was surprising to me, what job could be so important or so dangerous that they'll offer such a deal to me, I don't trust them, I know better...something must be up.

____________________

I relaxed in my home, my temporary home. I moved in here three weeks ago. It was better than being in that place...but this job, it's strange I can only wonder  what their truly trying to achieve here.

I let out a sigh, for now I'll just enjoy this because to be honest this is the best job I've been ordered to do. I wore a sweater that reached above my knees and leggings. The sweater was a bit big on me allowing me space but I liked it.

I left the house heading to the grocery store in the area. I was placed closest to where my target would be , and the odds of me meeting him I'm there was very likely.

I entered the store and looked for any carts or baskets. All of them were taken. I went down the breakfast aisle regardless and stopped seeing the cereal I wanted.

I picked up 12 boxes unintentionally. I just really like cereal, I hope this isn't weird.

I walked down the aisle balancing the boxes and trying my best not to knock I to anything so they don't topple. I think I managed to get out the aisle. I made a turn and.

"Omph" I let out

The boxes fell out my hands only leaving one. How embarrasing.

I quickly bent to pick up the boxes apologising to the starnger.

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't see you there"

"Not surprising  with all those boxes blocking your sight."

I looked up, there was my target. I already read his profile he basically has tough walls up won't let anyone get close to him. Basically turns people away with his growl and narrowed scowl, but right now he had neither, he was uninterested, but his face was relaxed.

He bent down to help me pick them up.

"Um, didn't you see me carrying all of them"

He gave me a look.

"...I was looking at the stuff on the shelf and you suddenly knocked into me, you must of thought you were out the aisle"

Now I was really embarrassed.

"Sorry"

"It's no problem " he said pickimg up four boxes.

"So cereal huh?"

"Yeah"

"12 boxes? Got a big family?"

"Oh no, it's just for me"

"All of it...."

"To much?" I questioned

"Ya think?"

I looked at all the scattered boxes. I felt embarrsed.

" I just really like cereal"

"Hey I'm not judging ya or anything, but maybe you should cut back, two boxes maybe"