Golden Bakery

It was a warm evening and customers were filling in as usual. "Your doing good for yourself" you thought proudly. At the age of 22 you owned and ran your own bakery. It wasn't easy taking the steps to get there but the results was the greatest reward. After all, not many can say they've owned their own business at 22.

You were preparing the pastries for display when you saw a few customers walk in. You offered your business smile as they looked at the assortment of treats.

"No truffles today?" Onyx eyes looked into yours with question.

"Ah- unfortunately no. Didn't quite have the time today" You smiled apologetically.

You notice the quills on her back seem to deflate a little then perk as she offered a light laugh. "Oh no worries. I was craving some today but I suppose this is a sign that I should cut back a little" she tapped her stomach lightly.

She went on to choose something else for a treat as well as the fee ither customers that came in. One could day my bakery was very popular, especially amongst monsters. The occasional squid or werewolf would make an appearance, not to me turn your regulars.

Two skeletons that you found to be a humorous pair. They often came by for some fresh baked bread and light conversations. They were a very friendly bunch.

Speaking of which- you noticed the time, usually one or the other would be here by now to pick up their order. By now the shop has cleared out leaving you alone with the aroma of your sweets and the bread sitting in the backroom patiently.

You decided to wipe down the counter as time passed. It wasn't till 5 minutes later that the door opened and your heard the familiar voices of banter.

"YOUR LUCKY IT WASNT CLOSED" You watched as the tallest of two crossed his arms with a displeased look on his face.

"I said I was sorry-" he sported a half hearted grin as he looked up at his brother. However he turned away from him.

You arched a brow at the two, the shorter one catching you gaze sighed and shrugged.

"I don't think there's ever a day you two are not arguing" you chuckled.

"IF ONLY MY BROTHER WERENT SO LAZY AND IRRESPONSIBLE,  THEN PERHAPS OUT ARGUMENTS WOULDNT BE SO REOCCURRING" You mentally winced at at his words. You could hear the bitterness in them, which was much unlike him. It sounded like a personal jab at his brother.

Your eyes glanced over at him to see the almost irritated look etched onto his face. You cleared your throat in attempts to ease the now tense atmosphere.

"Well that may be the case, but I feel if I didn't here your banners then you wouldn't be my favourite humorous customers" Papyurs shot you a look "no pun intended of course"

You noticed it shoulders relax a little and he he releases his folded hands to the side. They now found themselves on his hips.

"WELL IM GLAD YOU SEEM TO FIND JOY OUT MY OWN UNAMUSEMENT, HOWEVER IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED YOU WOULD NOT THINK SO" he said a matter of fact.

"Well, dosen't that mean that only someone as amazing as you can handle your brother daily ?" You notice his face light up, his ego slowly building.

"WELL OF COURSE, ONLY THE GREAT PAPYURS CAN TAKE CARE IF SONEONE SUCH AS MY BROTHER" His mind completely shifted to his usual cheery self. You've never really seen Papyrus upset,  to be honest you weren't sure if he truly was, but at least the mood lightened a bit.

"All right that's enough of that"  you glanced at the skeleton that was head taller than you. He had a light acowl on his face but it disappeared with a simple sigh and a shrug of his shoulders. He looked at me and caught my gaze offering his usual smiles.