Farewell

Ashes fell down with the snow, mixing together to form a hail of grey. The skies were depressed clouds, bundled together with torment as if wanting to scream. The surface was cracked, broken, and dry. The ash filled snow only made the scene look even more pitiful. This world was screaming for help, this world was dying. Its trees slowly withering away, the animals hardly to be found, and buildings wasting away to nothingness.

I wrapped my scarf tightly around my neck as the cold breeze blew by. I continued to walk on, hopefully to find somewhere better. As I continued my journey I could only think about what the world was before everything happened. Cars would drive on this broken road I now walked on. People and monsters would be walking upon the side walks that were now empty and littered with debris. The parks that used to hold the laughter and smiles of children were now vacant and desolate, only giving an eerie feeling to what it once was. It was sad and depressing.

I clenched my fists at the thought of it, at the the thought that all of this happened only because, only because of humanity. Greed and Selfishness destroyed us. We gave in to our desires and gave birth to chaos , we lost our morals and became inhumane,  we were the very devils that destroyed the world. And look what came of it.

...the end of humanity, the end of monsters, the end...of everything.

As I was walking I noticed the body of one of those things lying on the ground. I quickly hid and peeked around the rusted over car, it looked to be inactive. I moved away from where I hid and approached the corpse slowly. I kicked it over and sighed with relief,  it was in active.

These creatures, was the product of both humans and monsters. Demons that we fought to the death to destroy. And in the end no one won the war that came of it. Humans started getting ideas, they wanted power and sought it from the magic that monsters carried. Before all of this happened there were growing tensions between the human monsters. Everyday, there always seemed to be some report, protest, death on each side. The animosity,  prejudice, hatred, fear, it all grew until it reached its boiling point. And we were the ones to cross the line.

Because we wanted power to fend for ourselves against the creatures that carried what we couldn't we did something unspeakable. We began experiments an both humans and monsters, we wanted to create something unique,  something that was indestructible,  a weapon that we could control.

Of course each experiment ended up in failure, there were so many deaths and monstrosities that came out of it as a result. Soon we ran out of volunteers and then they decided to take their own...they began to kidnap people against their will and forced them into these inhumane experiments.

After some time they finally succeeded. We created the ultimate weapon, a mixture of human technology , souls, and magic,  we created something unspeakable. Soon as both monsters and human caught wind of what was happening it was already to late.

It was like a domino effect , everyone was outraged,  everyone fought. That's when they started to put those things to use, the Mautogas, is what they were called. Almost instantly it cut down 100 civilians, there blood and dust spilling into the streets. After that scene everything became quiet for awhile...but.

"Tch" I began to grow a headache just thinking about it

All I could remember were the blood and screams, they haunted me dreams. It was imprinted in my mind like it happened just yesterday. Everyone tried to fight against what they felt was oppression even fighting amongst themselves in the process. They were so stupid, so divided in there endeavors that they couldnt even unite against what they opposed until it was much too late. They ended up mass producing those disgusting creations and they defected and began to attack us. Deeming us useless , pathetic, and ultimately flawed. Its funny though, as much as I hate them they were right, we were flawed and pathetic. Fighting amongst ourselves until we died out...