SwapSans X Reader

//Heralds//

You ran across the fields of all the other practicing knights some of the sending glares and grunts of displeasure as you interrupted them. "Watch where you're going!" One of them yelled. "Sorry" you yelled back. You wouldn't have to cross over into their training area if the mages field want ridiculously positioned in such a drawn-out path. Honestly, it made better sense to cross over from the knights to get there. You hired over one of the hedges and landed firmly on your feet. You trotted up to the rest of your classmates that was gathered around you teacher.

His eyes landed on you a sigh already escaping is lips.

"I see you crosses over front the knight's area again" everyone turned to look at you.

"It's quicker than walking in a convoluted circle just to get here, honestly the entire thing is just stupid" he sighs and waves it away. As much as he told you to stop bothering the knights by passing through there you never listened. At this point words were merely wasted on you.

You settled next to one of your buddies. Joseph. Has straight faced as he was, he always had your back. He glances over at you with an unamused look. "What?"

"You really shouldn't be using that place as a shortcut " you roll your eyes.

"Not you to, I don't need both of you to lecture me" you groan. You turned your attention to your teacher.

"What are we going to do today?" You asked

"Today, all of you will be sparing to assess your weakness and abilities." His hands light a flame. You can see everyone is excited, you know you were.

"Will there be a prize?" You asked with excitement

"A prize? I'll think about it" he said and soon everyone else started begging.

"Oh, please let there be a prize!" one after the other their voices begged and pleaded with him "Please teacher!"

"Fine, fine" he gave in to his pleading students. He clears his throat "Whoever wins the match gets to learn a new lesson from me"

Everyone is more than excited now. A new lesson from the teacher meant a lot. So far, he has been teaching us basic things on materializing our weapons, we have yet to learn any new spells. Everyone would be trying for this.

"So, there can only be one?" Someone asked

He bared his canines showing his toothy grin. The wind blew behind him ruffling his mane of a hair.

"But of course, you didn't think it would be so easy when you all asked for a prize did you?" He bolstered " This will be a small little tournament, that way you all will actually put some effort" he said

Everyone began whispering amongst themselves. I eyed most of the competition nothing too hard to beat. The only existing problem was Joseph who stood right beside me. He didn't seem as if he cared too much about the prize, well at least if he did, he didn't show it.

He catches my gaze and looks at me with a question on his face. I shook my head and nudge him to pay attention to what the teacher had to say.

"I will call you up one by one to spar, first one to get knocked out of bounds or pinned is out. First up Cher and Dinea" he called.

They both walked into the 12-foot-wide circle and bowed to each other. A sense of formality between two opponents. They take their positions and wait for the teachers call.

"Begin!" He yells

Cher's hands began to glow as she gets into a running start, she launches into the air towards Dinea. Midair she rears her hand back and what looks to be a hail of arrows rains down. Dinea steadies himself and with a wave of his hands the hail of arrows slows to a stopping halt. Dinea moves out the way, repositioning himself before their descent can resume. With and open hand a spear materializes.