Thirty-five

He stood back, watching as his group mates had their touching reunion, his smile never leaving his face. To be honest, he couldn't even make himself move, the nap he'd taken in the car not nearly enough sleep to catch up for the weeks and weeks worth he'd missed out on, along with his still frazzled nerves, the multiple lectures he'd endured, and the work he hadn't been able to finish, mixing in the news of Mark being so underweight he had to get an IV drip done at home every night since being discharged; and his poor mind couldn't take much else. He was leaning against the wall next to Seunghoon, trying his hardest to stay present as his mind dried back to the piles of paperwork and unfinished melodies still on his desk. Yugyeom and Mark's laughter breaking him from that downward spiral and into a new one.

Jinyoung hadn't been around enough to find out why Jackson and Jaebeom had been more affectionate and attentive to the eldest, not that he was against such a thing. He figured it had to do with why he was hospitalized to begin with, but they told him they'd need to wait until everyone was home, that way a full discussion could take place. It sounded much too serious and like he'd be shackled with more work, but if it was for his Mark-hyung, he was willing to take it.

"Hyung?" A shy voice called, something too timid and small to fit the usually hyperactive and boisterous young man. BamBam stood in front of him, his shoulders tilted inward, his toes touching, and knees bent, trying to make his long limbed form as small as possible. His large brown eyes hidden behind a pair of black sunglasses, and his bottom lip pushed out into a pout. It was the most endearing/heart-rending thing he'd ever seen.

However, he could feel the smile tugging at his lips, as he opened his arms. A sense of rightrightright crashing into him as he held the younger. BamBam seemed to melt into the touch, his body sagging quite heavily into Jinyoung's but he didn't mind, only tightening his hold on his maknae. He pressed a quick kiss into the boy's hair and felt a shuddering breath against his chest. "Did you know I love you?" He whispered, feeling as tears landed on his shirt, quiet hiccuping breaths and repressed sobs accompanying them. It broke his heart that BamBam could ever forget that, but he would remind his dongsaeng of that fact as often as he could, in fact he would start reminding everyone of this fact. The time they'd spent apart had damaged many things he needed to fix. "Oh, my sweet baby." He cooed, Tipping his head down to whisper. "Don't cry, hyung is here now. I'll take care of you." He could feel as the others stood around them, watching the scene but not joining, allowing the two the moment they clearly needed.

They stood there, holding each other for what could have been hours or maybe even days, no one wanting to disturb the delicate moment. Flashes from cameras, screams from fans, managers going off about time, security worrying about rowdy fans. None of it mattered, because all the boys were back together and safe. That's more than what Jinyoung could ask for.

"I love you too." BamBam said, pulling away and wiping at his eyes, glad that the group had made a protective circle around them to keep prying eyes from the tender scene, he knew he'd be crying and was glad he'd pulled his sunglasses back out.

He smiled at BamBam and then looked back at Jaebeom, his gentle smile and soft eyes directed at the younger. How did I get so lucky? He thought, knowing that the leader would do everything in his power to get their BamBam back.

Their reunion was cut short by an impossibly loud scream from a fan, her shrill exclamation of Youngjae's name knocking everyone back into the present. Markie shrinking into Jackson with a small whine.

"Come on." Jaebeom said, wrapping his arm around BamBam's shoulders then turning to do the same to Jinyoung. Mark was walking next to Jackson, his wide eyes blinking rapidly as he tried to stay awake, all the excitement from today finally catching up to him. Youngjae and Yugyeom were at the back, talking about how sad and utterly defeated BamBam looked when he'd first stepped off the plane, they were plotting ways to bring their friend back, while also making sure Little Markie could join in the fun.

Once safely in the car and all buckled in, Markie between Jaebeom and Jackson with BamBam, Jinyoung, and Yugyeom in front of them, and Youngjae in the passenger seat, most of the group began asking BamBam questions at once, Jinyoung simply holding his hand as he quietly sat next to the younger. They were leaning their shoulders against each other, reveling in the physical contact they'd both missed out on. His smile from earlier growing as Both Jackson and Jaebeom tried to shush the kids before ditching their plan and joining in. Markie had fallen asleep almost instantly and wouldn't wake up for anything at this point.

Jinyoung couldn't help but let his thoughts wander again, trying to find out what was going on with Mark. The eldest had been even more quiet, he wouldn't leave either Jackson or Jaebeom's side, he was tired more often than not, and enjoyed being called pet names, plus he'd walked in on some sort of punishment, and that had never been explained. It was a bit of a difference from the strong, independent, "gangsta" Mark they were all used to being around. He couldn't remember the last time his best friend had been so vulnerable and carefree in front of them. Hell, he couldn't remember the last time he'd heard Mark giggle as much as he had been, in the day they'd been around each other. Closing his eyes he leaned his head on BamBam's and sighed. The ruckus from the car had died down now that BamBam was answering questions, everyone listening to his thoughts and stories with rapt attention. He allowed the soft easy way BamBam spoke, along with the gentle motion of the car to lull him, falling asleep easily. He was exhausted and now that his group was together, he didn't mind relaxing for a bit.