Forty-Seven

Markie was enjoying his newest friend, 'Nyoungie was silly and very nervous. It was funny and very cute to the Little. He would ask permission to do everything and Markie liked that, liked having someone ask him instead of just doing it because they thought he was too young. It made him feel safe, helping him relax further.

Pulling his new friend towards his bricks he showed him how to stack them high and then the joy of knocking them down. Watching a smile come to 'Nyoungie's face as he helped build the new stacks. 'Nyoungie looked so happy to play with Markie and learn all the fun ways to stack his foam blocks. They played forever, Markie's Baba and Appa and Hyungies watching. Gyeomie-hyung had moved to the floor to sit behind Markie, keeping him from falling backwards when laughed. Markie was so happy, he wanted to stay here forever. He ignored Bammie-hyung calling him cute and taking pictures, ignored JaeJae-hyung's suggestions of other games, and just peacefully played with 'Nyoungie. His new friend had a silly laugh that Gyeomie-hyung would copy and that made Markie laugh harder. He loved when Gyeomie-hyung smiled like that and when the others laughed freely. They'd all been so sad lately that he felt a break was needed.

When naptime rolled around, everyone was fighting over who got to with cuddle Markie, but he just wanted his Baba and Appa. He hoped when he woke up everyone would still want to play with him though. He waved bye to his Hyngies as he walked to his room with his Baba and Appa. As he drifted to sleep in between the two warm bodies, with his Baba singing, and his Appa running his hands through his hair, he knew he was loved and knew he was safe.

_________________________

Waking up alone was terrifying. Especially when he felt so Little. He couldn't help the whimper that escaped him when his Baba and Appa weren't there to give him kisses. His eyes quickly filling with tears when no one came. The Little was so scared he began to cry, immediately drawing the attention of his caregivers.

Markie was so lost in his fear he didn't hear the crashing and banging of people racing towards him, he didn't hear his Baba's panicked voice, or his Appa's curse as he slammed into the hallway wall. He did however, see them when they stood over him, cooing and gently caressing his hair. His tears slowing down as his crying became sad whimpers. He reached up to cling to his Baba hoping the man wouldn't leave him alone again.

"Oh is my Markie feeling extra Little?" His Baba cooed, always knowing exactly what Markie needed. The Little was picked up and held in his Baba's arms. He felt so content he rested his head on the warm shoulder in front of him and sighed. His mind blank of anything other than his Baba.

"Should I call Jimin-ah and ask about Baby space?" His Appa asked, Markie lifted his head from Baba to look over and found Appa standing behind him. He cooed at his caregiver feeling too small to speak. This earned him a gentle smile and hair pets. He loved hair pets. Resting his head back on Baba he yawned widely and rubbed his eyes. He was tired again and just wanted a nap. Closing his eyes he was granted just that. He only hoped Baba would be there when he woke up.

___________________________

To say the other 6 members weren't whipped for a sleepy baby Markie, would be a lie. When Jackson brought Markie from their room after his second nap and they watched the Little tiredly looking around the room before snuggling closer to his main caregiver, they all melted. BamBam looked ready to cry, while clinging to an equally emotional Yugyeom. Jinyoung stared lovingly at the relaxed and open expression Mark wore, feeling peace settle over him. Jaebum, who had been walking behind them, looked ready to do anything Markie asked, even if it was give the baby obscene amounts of sugar.

Jackson maneuvered them onto the single chair, allowing Markie to keep cuddling as they all sat together peacefully. Every once in a while a coo would escape someone in the room, but for the most part they were content to let the moment be. The silence of their dorm felt so inviting and warm. And it was all thanks to their Little.