Twenty-Three

Markie woke up twice, in the night. Both times he was comforted with a few words and someone running their hand through his hair. By the time morning rolled around he was excited to see his Baba. Jisoo-hyung fed him a yummy bowl of chicken stock with some rice, promising his Baba would be there later on. He didn't eat as much as the physician would have liked but he ate. After that he was told they needed to do a few tests and he was hooked up to a few monitors with different colored wires and stickers all over him. He didn't enjoy that since they told him not to move and he wasn't allowed to hold his tiger until it was all over.

It was worth it though when he woke up for the third time that morning to find his Baba sitting next to him reading a book. He had a snapback holding his hair back and a serious expression on his face, but he was there.

Letting out an excited squeal, he tried to sit up but his body wouldn't listen. That wasn't right, he'd been able to move around earlier, what changed? Looking down at his chest he found a pair large arms wrapped around him one over his chest the other his back. Not liking that it kept him from his Baba, he turned his head to be met with the stranger from yesterday.

The man had dark hair that had a redish color to it, he wore a pair of sweat pants and matching sweatshirt, both black with white stripes down the sides. His face looked soft, with a few moles here and there. Two very dark ones over his right eye, with long dark lashes, a strong straight nose, and soft looking lips. His cheeks were squished from how he slept, but his jawline was still perfectly on display. He was asleep but cuddling Markie so softly, he didn't want to move, instead the Little relaxed into the hold, his body soaking up as much of the man's heat as it could. The steady breaths in the room along with the beeps from his machine pulling him under again.

The next time Markie was woken up was so that his Baba could feed him, this time he was given applesauce and bananas. He was told that if he kept it down his Baba would buy him a new plushie, unfortunately that only lasted a few minutes. His stomach not used to such solid foods yet. He cried because his tummy was upset and because he wouldn't get a new toy. He knew his tiger was lonely and he needed a friend! The soft man from earlier was sitting on Markie's other side and had jumped to get the Little a glass of water and some broth.

"Baba." he called once they were alone. His eyes staring at Jackson with such innocence it was hard to think this was the man nicknamed the L.A. Gangster.

"Yes, dove?" He replied, enjoying watching Markie's eyes sparkle at the pet name.

Markie having regressed further the more time he'd spent with the younger men, had once again found speaking hard. Resorting to pointing at the chair and tilting his head back at his Caregiver. Looking very much like an adorably curious puppy.

Jackson had been waiting for that question, knowing the Little would be wondering about the new person. "That is my friend Jaebum, I work with him. He was here yesterday remember?" He asked softly, receiving a nod in response. "I told him what a good Little you are and he just had to see for himself."

Markie smiled, "Good." he whispered, falling back into the safe headspace he'd been in the first time Jackson met him. His speech quiet and barely there, which Jackson loved, it was clear the Little was just as quiet as his Big self. This was obviously a good sign as the Little was no longer distressed and had found their presence soothing. It was a step in the right direction.

"Yes, my Markie-Pooh is the sweetest baby in the world!" He praised, enjoying the shy smile he got in return. "He's so smart and silly! He has the cutest laugh, and the best tummy to tickle!" Reaching over to do just that, loving the light airy sound filling the hospital room, he didn't do it for long knowing his baby's tummy was upset and that he shouldn't excite the (mentally) younger too much. "Oh my what am I going to do? You're so cute!" Cupping his face tenderly to leave a kiss on his frail forehead and then nose.

"Baba!" Markie responded, grabbing Jackson's wrist and tugging gently to indicate he wanted the other in the bed with him.

Jaebum chose that moment to come in, his arms full with different broths, water, and a cute fluffy blue elephant, "It's a boy!" stitched into its foot. Smiling to himself, he looked at his members with such an adoring look it was hard to picture him being the intimidating man from the day before.

"I brought you a few different flavors, they had vegetable, beef, chicken, and miso. Also they had a gift shop so how could I resist?" He asked, setting everything down on the counter in the room. Stretching his arms out afterwards, but still smiling light-heartedly.

"Oh, that was very kind of you!" Jackson spoke, from his chair, not having climbed into the bed to cuddle, much to the annoyance of his baby. "What do we say Markie?" He asked, looking at the blonde as he hid his face in Jackson's shoulder.

"Tank oou." Was the muffled response. Jackson, not being satisfied with that tapped his head and motioned to Jaebum. Moving from his hiding spot he whispered a small "Thank you." before his eyes fell to the blanket on his lap.

"You are very welcome Little One!" Jaebum said, his voice unfortunately loud in his excitement. Watching Markie flinch away and cover his ears he instantly regretted it.

"He doesn't like loud noises, fast movements, and bright colors." Jackson supplied, "It's going to be hard having him in the dorm, but I'm sure everyone will manage." he began running a hand through the dyed hair that fell limply on Mark's forehead, brushing it out of the way. "Alright bub, what do you want to eat?"

Taking his hands away from his ears he stared at the elephant, it was so cute! It was sitting on its bum with both of it's front legs tucked against it's body, the pastel blue color was pretty and complimented the cream of it's toes, it's head was tilted to the side big ears drooping adorably. Markie wanted to snuggle it, he would call it Àng, and they could have so many adventures together with Holie (his tiger).

Both men chuckled at Markie's wide eyes and fixated stare. He had leaned forward unconsciously, his lips pouting slightly, as if he couldn't believe something like that wasn't being cuddled in his arms. Jaebum took the chance to interact with the Little more, carefully lifted the toy off the counter. Slowly making his way to the bed, the Little's eyes following his movements warily. He didn't shrink into Jackson when Jaebum sat in his chair again, instead curling into himself but keeping his eyes on the stuffie.

"I thought your tiger could use a friend." He said softly, setting the toy near Markie, without actually touching him. The smile he got in return was so bright and full of joy, he couldn't remember the last time he'd seen it.