Seventeen

The Little came to in a spacious white room. He was laying on a stiff bed with an itchy and thin blanket tucked around him, the pillow under his head was flat making him uncomfortable. A loud beeping sound was going off next to him, and when he looked down he found wires attached to him with a plastic tube coming from his arm linked to bags full of clear stuff. It stung when he tried to move his arm, tugging on the tube and making the beeps louder. The lights in the room had been dimmed luckily, allowing his eyes time to adjust to his settings. The window was open letting fresh air in, but he could see the streetlights on down below, signalling it was nighttime. His head hurt and he was cold, he remembers falling asleep with Jisoo, but now there wasn't anyone with him. He did not like being left alone, now that he'd had a taste of being cared for, he couldn't imagine being alone.

Letting out a pitiful whine followed by loud whimpers he almost expected someone to come check on him. He was immediately displeased when no such thing happened. His Baba had said he was coming, why wasn't he there? Was Jisoo there somewhere? Did they not want to take care of him anymore? Quickly moving to sit up he was met with his head pounding harder making him cry out, it was almost as painful as the headaches he got while repressing headspace. Tears started falling from his eyes along with loud sobs. Thoughts of how he'd been Little before plauged his mind, he couldn't go back to that, he couldn't go back to ignoring his needs, not after BTS had shown him so much love. The beeping speeding up and growing louder, but he couldn't hear it over his thoughts.

The door burst open a nurse coming in and seeing Mark cradling his head as he curled into a tight ball. She rushed to him, hoping nothing was wrong. "What hurts?" She asked, her voice loud in his sensitive ears. He curled in on himself tighter. She moved closer, reaching out to touch his arm but Jisoo came in, his eyes wide open and hair messed up. He looked as though he hadn't slept in a few days, even if it had only been a few hours.

"I suggest you take a few steps back, as slowly and quietly as you can." He instructed, his voice very calm and soothing. The woman nodded, following his instructions until she was a few steps away from the figure on the bed. "Markie, I'm coming in okay?" Jisoo said, his voice the same even tone he'd been using since entering the conference room. He took slow deliberate steps, his eyes focused on Mark, trying to keep his face friendly and his body language open.

When he was within arms reach Mark shot a hand out and grabbed his shirt, fisting the soft material of his t-shirt. His sobs turning into silent tears now that someone he was familiar with was near him. He knew this person, this man had taken care of him and let him hold his hand.

"S'ay?" He pleaded, not moving from his position. Jisoo nodded, taking a seat on the bed near Mark's feet. Placing a hand on his head and running his fingers through the dyed blonde hair. Watching the Little relax under his ministrations.

"How you feel?" He asked, his English not the best, he had been studying but it was a slow process with all the other groups he had to look after as well. Markie curled tighter in response, still refusing to look at anyone in the room. "What hurts?" He tried, hoping that question would get an answer. Markie pointed to his head, then to his arm the I.V. tugging painfully from all his movement. Turning to the nurse he calmly asked, "Do you mind getting something for his head? I'm afraid the medication has worn off." Jisoo then began massaging Mark's head and neck, watching as it calmed him further.

As soon as they were alone again Jisoo gave Markie a gentle smile, not caring that it wasn't seen. "I have something for you." He whispered, afraid to hurt the Little further. Markie's eyes peeked out from their hiding spot, his interest gained. A fond chuckle escaped the elder, he wondered how anyone could resist this adorable display. "Jacks- Baba, say you have tiger." Reaching behind Markie to the metal tray, grabbing said stuffed animal. "He say if you good boy, I give you." Markie had slowly brought his head up, his eyes tracing the movement of his only stuffed toy. "You be good boy?" Jisoo asked, not expecting a verbal answer.

"Markie good." He whispered, still just watching the toy. He knew good boys didn't take things, TaeTae told him that good boys either waited or asked politely.

Jisoo smiled again handing the toy over, Markie still hesitated, seeing if it would be taken from him like his meanie friends did sometimes. However he smiled back when his hand came in contact with the soft, small, white, gray, and black striped toy. Cradling the tiger to his chest with a deep exhale, Markie's entire frame sagged in relief. Hus headspace making the headache recede a bit, his breathing falling to a normal pace, and his lips pulling into a beautiful smile.

"T'ank 'ou." Markie said, his left hand still clutching Jisoo's shirt, while his right held his tiger. Jisoo smiled, returning to massaging Markie's scalp, helping relieve what pressure he could. The quiet atmosphere helping Markie's panic subside. 

The nurse returned, mimicking Jisoo's careful approach, while said male distracted Markie with silly voices and a story about a rooster (all in Korean, but by the males reaction it was clear he understood what was being said). She gave his medicine through the I.V. after checking where it was attached to his arm. She moved around the room slowly, keeping her voice down. When she finished, she headed for the door only for it to burst open and loudly ricochet off the wall. Everyone jumped, staring at the intruder.

"Are you okay?!"