Thirty-four

To say he was nervous was an understatement. His mom had dropped him at his gate with a few loving words and kisses (he'd never admit how much he loved it). He'd boarded his plane and sat next to his manager, both males silent as they waited for the plane to take off. BamBam's leg wouldn't stop bouncing, his fingers twisting together then fiddling with a loose string before starting all over again. He felt like that same kid who had moved to Korea to start his training, his nerves getting the better of him.

"They've missed you. Most especially Jaebeom-ah" His manager, Sung-min, said, leaning over so only BamBam could hear. "I got at least four calls a day from your fearless leader, just checking up on you. He was the most annoying too. Made me answer all kinds of questions and had me send him videos and pictures." He teased, knowing BamBam would use that to his advantage when he got back. It hurt when the younger looked at him skeptically.

"Really? You're not just saying that?" He asked quietly, his eyes falling back down to his ripped skinny jeans. He hadn't really been feeling like dressing up, opting for a pair of ripped blue jeans and a loose black shirt, his mask now pulled down under his chin, his sunglasses tucked into his carry-on bag.

"Would you like to see the call log?" He asked, pulling his phone out and showing BamBam the recent calls. His words true as the younger delicately took the phone and saw just how often his members had been calling his manager. "They wanted to give you space, but were all being helicopter parents about it." He joked, seeing the awed expression on his dongsaeng's face.

Before he could respond the voice of the flight attendant came on, asking people to properly buckle their seat belts and put things away. Reluctantly handing the phone back he settled into his seat more. The video about airline safety playing on the screen before him. His mind however, was somewhere else entirely. Thinking of all the ways his hyungs' and Yugyeom had shown just how much they cared, proving to not only love him, but know that he needed to work on himself, was relieving. He hadn't known they'd been bugging his manager assuming they were all busy plotting ways to kick him out once he returned.

"Stop thinking." Sung-min said, giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "They love you and wouldn't dare to get rid of you. You are the heart and soul to the group. You always know how to calm your hyungs and when enough is enough. You're smart and talented, they're lucky you belong in their group."

He blinked rapidly before smiling at the older man. "Hyung, you're always so wise, thank you." He said, softly. It was entertaining how his manager seemed to blush and smile shyly, the older man not used to BamBam saying such sweet things. "When we get back, will you let me treat you to dinner?" His eyes twinkled at the prospect of spending time with someone he respected (even more now).

"I would love that Bam-ah. But your members might not let you out of their sights for a long time." This time he wasn't joking, he knew how overprotective they could be, especially when it came to their two maknaes. "But you just say the word and we'll go get cheap beer and fried chicken." This brought such a warm smile to BamBam's face as memories of his early years came up.

"Remind me to thank JYP-NIM for you as well. You've always been such a good hyung to me." He said, smiling at his manager once more.

They both sat in silence again, only this time thinking about the past and all the times they shared together. It was no secret BamBam loved the staff at JYPEntertainment, always giving them smiles and treats, his big heart shining happily when the staff were looked after, even if that meant him taking time out of his schedule to help with projects or getting them food. He often surpised the managers and stylists with dinner just to show his appreciation now that he could afford it.

The five and a half hour flight seemed to pass them by quickly. Sung-min and BamBam hurriedly getting off the plane and heading to the reception area so BamBam's members could publicly humiliate him (even if he secretly loved the attention).

"Incoming." Was all the warning he got before Jaeboem quite literally tackled the youngest, only Sung-min's quick thinking keeping him upright.

"I was so worried, are you okay? Did you eat? Have you been sleeping? Did you have a good time? How are you feeling? You didn't get too much sun did you, you know how that makes you sick." He fretted, completely ignoring the cameras going crazy behind him, his only concern the boy in front of him.

BamBam couldn't stop the smile nor the giggles "Hyung, you're being silly." He said, even though he nuzzled closer to the elder effectively hiding himself in his hyung's wide and muscular chest.

"Stop hogging him!" A familiar raspy voice called, followed by someone clinging to their sides. "Bammie-ah! I'm so happy you're home! We missed you so much!" He placed a rather over exaggerated and wet kiss against the younger's cheek, complete with a "Mwah!" sound when he pulled away.

"My turn!" Came a nasally voice, this one glomping onto his back, pushing him further into Jaebeom's chest, not that he minded, but there were two sets of arms hugging him from behind, the first belonging to Yugyeom, the youngest wearing the brightest smile, it could rival the sun on a good day, the second set belonging to his eldest hyung, Mark's blonde hair having grown out it's natural brown color coming through and shining beautifully. His eyes were scrunched tight but his smile was on full display. Opening his mouth to say something he was cut off when the group rocked to the side as another body added to their cluster

Youngjae's sweet voice whispering "Don't leave me with these freaks ever again." Pulling a laugh out of his intended target. He felt so loved, until he realized he was missing a member. Knowing Jinyoung was busy with other commitments he tried not to let his disappointment show, but they must have all felt him sag a bit.

"He's waiting for all of us to leave so he can have you to himself." Yugyeom whispered, always in sync with his fellow 97-liner. "Jaebeom-hyung gave him a huge lecture about missing out on important events, he said you're homecoming was bigger and more important than Christmas!" He stage whispered, eyes never leaving the elder across from him. He was lucky with Little Markie on his back, he knew none of the hyung's would hit him with their new baby around.

BamBam pulled his face from it's hiding place and looked at his leader, "You really said that?" his voice so full of insecurities it broke all their hearts.

"Of course. You're my baby, why wouldn't I celebrate you coming back home?" He asked, his voice stern and yet so full of adoration.