Thirty

The drive back to the dorms was silent. Mark had fallen asleep as soon as the car began moving, thanking his poor health for the excuse. Jaebeom and Jackson were quietly discussing the new diet and exercises Mark would start, Yugyeom and Youngjae busying themselves on their phones, looking at their sick hyung with nervous eyes. BamBam and Jinyoung absent from the awkward ride, whether that was on accident or not was yet to be discussed.

When they arrived at the dorms Mark was still sleeping soundly, his head having lulled onto Youngjae's shoulder. The others couldn't help but find it endearing when their normally shy Hyung clung to someone in sleep. Youngjae attempted to get out of the car, but that resulted in Mark whining and wrapping his arms around Youngjae's, which could have been funny if they weren't standing outside in the cold morning air.

Yugyeom deciding he was done watching his hyung's struggle, crawled over and gently shook Mark awake. The second those beautiful brown eyes opened and blearily stared back at him, he smiled, thoughts of Little Namjoonie and what he looked like after nap time coming to him. Mark even did the same pouty lips and quiet whine. Yugyeom smiled softly and pushed the hair off his forehead, "We're home, do you want me to carry you in?" He offered. Not expecting his independent hyung to then make grabby hands and pout harder at him.

Youngjae could only watch on, his eyes wide as Mark clung to Yugyeom like the cutest baby he'd seen. Mark even snuggling further into the younger's neck to hide from the light. Jackson and Jaebeom watching with smiles on their faces and heart eyes. Not wanting to ruin the soft atmosphere Youngjae simply shrugged and held the door for the maknae and his precious cargo.

"Put him in bed Yugy, this morning was probably too much for him." Jackson said, carrying some of the things they'd taken to the hospital for Mark. Jaebeom not far behind with a few bouquets.

After emptying the car they all sat on the couch (minus Yugyeom, who was cuddling their sleeping eldest). The quiet dorm feeling immensely different to the silence they'd all been dealing with. Now that Mark was (relatively) healthy and back home, they could all breath again. The quiet a comforting weight on their shoulders.

Youngjae broke first, his thoughts finally too much, needing to voice them. "What's wrong with him?" He asked, it wasn't accusatory nor was it malicious, just curious and full of worry.

Jackson and Jaebeom shared looks, they didn't think this would happen so soon. Jaebeom nodded and Jackson sighed.

"We'll tell you guys once everyone is together." Jackson said, his voice finally showing just how tired he truly was. The past month catching up to him now that he was home. This caught both his members' attention as he was fine in the car.

"Hyung?" Youngjae started, but was cut off by a high pitched squeal and giggling running up the hall.

Yugyeom had Mark perched on his back and was pretending to be a horse as he 'galloped' into the room. Making noises and jumping over random things. Mark had a wide smile on his face with quiet giggles spilling from his lips as he clung to the taller. Yugyeom was giggling as well, his eyes full of joy, the light that had been missing shining through brightly. Jaebeom laughed quickly getting to his feet and chasing the two around pretending to  be an old-time sheriff while Markie was an outlaw. They ran around the apartment Yugyeom gladly being Markie's legs since he was still too weak.

Jackson watched on until he saw Mark's smile start to slip, a pout forming quickly. He knew that look, having his thoughts confirmed when his baby whined at him. Stopping everyone in the room. "Alright, pumpkin." Jackson said, jumping up and taking Mark from Yugyeom's back. "I think it's time for lunch. What would you like?" He asked, his voice calming and soft. Mark immediately melted into his chest.

"Veggie?" He asked, wrapping himself around his Caregiver, the younger laughing as he walked to the kitchen leaving the others standing there. Youngjae with his mouth wide open, Yugyeom practically vibrating, and Jaebeom staring on with heart eyes.

"Hyung, is he a Little?!" Yugyeom asked excitedly, surpringing both his hyungs. Jaebeom thinking of an answer, while Youngjae tried to figure put if that was some new slang he needed to learn.

"What's a Little?" Youngjae asked, his voice rising without his knowledge. His tone again curious, no malice intended.

Jaebeom opened his mouth to respond, but Yugyeom cut in first. "It's an adult who regresses to help deal with stress. I know a few idols who do it and they have Caregivers that take care of them." He said proudly, his eyes daring Youngjae to say something negative. "If Mark is a Little that would mean Jackson is his Caregiver, so he makes sure Mark does things like, eat food, plays safely, takes naps, sometimes even helping with bath time."

Youngjae furrowed his brows, thinking about this information, nodding as he organized in before speaking again. "So, a Little is someone who acts like a kid, but is really an adult?"

"No, their mind regresses. As in they mentally can not make adult decisions, the stress of which could be detrimental to their mental health." Jaebeom said, his eyes serious. "If, and this is only an if." He looked between the two. "If, Mark-hyung is a Little than he will tell us all in his own time and his own way. Do not pressure, nor push your ideas on him. We just got him back and I will not have that ruined." Both males nodded in understanding. "Now, I think we should all go eat some food and maybe we can call BamBam when we're done." He said, much more gently, hating when he had to be his serious leader-self at home.