Oikawa Tooru || SC: That One Mistake

A/N: 3,895 words. Some may find the plot a bit too familiar. It's because this is inspired by one of my most favourite sitcoms.

Thank you for being a friend if you figured this one. 

.....

The day started like any other. 

With a door slammed shut within earshot.

And being the kind, considerate roommate I am, I asked the visibly upset male who just entered the house.

"Shoyou, is there something wrong?"

"Well, it's Kageyama." That's his lover. They've been seeing each other even before I met them. I can't tell you how many times they've fought and made up, but this time, it feels a bit different. 

Shoyou sat down beside me while my eyes left the sentences I was reading from a book I held. 

"Lately, I don't know. He's been... a little tight and I hate it."

"Oh? I'm just the opposite. I love a tight man. Tight man with cast-iron pecs, thighs that can choke a bear, butt you can eat breakfast off of.

Then, the two of us would...

...

...

...Shoyou, when did you get in?"

"[Male Name], I've been here the whole time! I've been telling you about Kageyama being tight."

"Oh, I love a tight man. Tight man with cast-iron pecs, thighs―"

"No, tight with money. He's cheap!"

"Tight with money? Dump him."

Yes, that's me. Everyone's beloved housemate [Male Name], someone who would listen to your problems with an open heart. No matter how ludicrous they might be. 

Anyway, later after that simple counseling session in the living room, Shoyou, I, and one of our other housemates were out on the lanai, chilling. After living in this world for around 40, 50 years, I reckon we deserve some R&R. 

The short tangerine had his hands on his volleyball, Kei was resting on a deckchair, his ears under his usual headphones, and me going through some messages on social media. 

We were minding our own business when the doorbell rang. 

As the three of us were out under the sun, our other housemate was kind enough to open the door and greet the visitor. 

It was a man in his early 20's. He named himself [Random Last Name][Random Male Name] from Osaka and... 

"I'm looking for Mr. Oikawa Tooru."

"Okay, I'll get him," informed Lev. "...Oh, he's dead."

On my way to the kitchen, I heard the name of a certain brunet being uttered from the front door. Personally, it was highly unexpected, so I ushered myself to the entrance, propped a hand beside Lev's arm, and kindly intruded. 

"My husband died a few years ago," I responded politely. "What did you want Tooru for?"

"I'm selling magazine subscriptions and his name was in the top of my list of leads. I hope I haven't bothered you and I'm truly sorry about your husband." And the man left as quickly as he came. 

"Now, that's really odd." a third voice said out of the blue. 

"How long have you been there, Kei?"