Tsukishima Kei || No Hard Feelings

Image Source: https://www.zerochan.net/1782080

A/N: This is for my beloved salty beanpole! お誕生日おめでとう!

🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐

"How was the homework, Yamaguchi-kun?"

"You had some problem with the fourth one, didn't you?"

"Nope," the person said with a pop. "The fifth."

"I guess we're on the same boat, then. I'm not sure what to do there."

After their morning practice, Karasuno Men's Volleyball Club's Yamaguchi was already in his classroom, discussing yesterday's homework with a certain [Last Name] [Male Name].

It was customary for them to exchange ideas with things they found puzzling in their disaster known as Maths homework.

[Male Name] sat not too far from the pinch server, so he was on his seat, his notes on his desk, pointing out things he couldn't get his head around while Tadashi sat beside him, on the chair he took from his seat.

"I'm certain this side here is the hypotenuse, but I can't think of the degrees to use for the equation."

"I tried this one."

"I tried that one, too, but-"

"How did you pass middle school if you can't even find the correct values for an easy assignment?"

And cue the blonde middle blocker, Tsukishima Kei.

As he passed behind the confused [Blonde, Brunet, Redhead, etc.], his eyes tried to peek into what his seatmate and his childhood friend were solving.

It was the same problem he couldn't figure out.

But [Male Name] didn't need to know that.

Meanwhile, a certain first year just couldn't let that remark slide and began barking.

"And I suppose you figured it out?"

"Obviously." He lied shamelessly.

"Well, congratulations, Mr. Scarecrow. I just hope your volleyball is as good as your maths. Oh wait, I heard you receive terribly. Perhaps your height is all you've got."

And the bickering for the day commenced.

[Male Name] and Kei always have their word war on a daily basis. If Kei won't attack the other through [Male Name]'s occasional airheadedness, he'd have to prepare for [Male Name]'s offensive using his gift of a height.

It never escalated into something physical, but the class just couldn't get used to their arguing every single time.

And so did one of their teachers.

So, one of them had an idea.

🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐

"He and I are what?"

The room was silent.

"You, [Last Name]-kun, and Tsukishima-kun will do a reporting on this topic in two weeks."

"Can I do it with Yamaguchi-kun instead? I mean, we live closer to each other and-"

"Of course," paused the teacher as he adjusted his glasses to the light. "You can always opt for a failing grade. I'm more than willing to help you with that."