The Rover, The Ace, and The Child || Black Clover Fanfic Prologue

Logo Source: https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.474392577.8875/flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

.....

Amidst the foggy darkness roamed fear.

Children trembled and men bore arms. It has been half an hour since the great bells of the Royal Capital disrupted the peaceful night of the townspeople and nobility alike. 

Someone has charged into the royal castle and soldiers were scattered like there's no tomorrow, searching for the perpetrator. 

People who were capable of tracing the invader's presence through magic tried and later failed. 

What they were dealing with was not an ordinary person. 

And what they were dealing with was now in front of the Magic Emperor. Talking with him. 

"T-That can't be possible..."

"So, are you really that intent on running from reality?"

"H-How is she?"

"Unlike how you will be, she's doing fine."

"All this time, I yearned to see you. I longed to hear your voice. I hoped to realise how I came to be."

"I only have one request. Only one. And then, you can simply forget about me if you wish."

"Let me be a part of your life. While it lasts."

.....

And many years passed since then. 

Now, the Royal Capital has never once again experienced such alarming infiltration. Not only because security during nighttime has been improved, but additional measures were put into place. As a result, people of the big city slept and enjoyed the night with assurance and comfort. 

Meanwhile, in a certain room in the Royal Palace, a certain blue-haired adviser was about to pull his hairs out. 

"Mahoutei-sama, you really have no time for things like that! You have a lot of paperwork to handle."

"You can handle this all by you-"

"We cannot! There's a lot of things to settle. The other advisers are already crying blood at the workload that you have to do yourself."

"Can I at least visit the market quickly befo-"

"No."

And the blonde man was defeated. Pouting, he returned to his desk, only to be welcomed by piles and piles of documents. Beside him, Marx, an adviser of his, was also working on something, carefully reading and approving reports one after the other. 

While both were swamped with tasks, the wooden door across Julius opened, revealing a certain male with short, snow-white hair clad with an official Magic Knights uniform different from those worn by people of the same ranking. His height may not be short, but his presence was enough for attention. 

"Cirxen," cheered the blonde. "Glad you're here. Can you help me with this one?"

"No," the male immediately denied. "Marx-san already scolded me on pampering you. I may be your personal bodyguard, the First Ace, but it doesn't mean I have to protect you from your workload. In that, I can at least let you suffer."

The childish adult pouted. "You're not as cute as when you first started here anymore."

"I don't need to be cute to do my duties," Cirxen noted as he approached Marx. "Also, it's very insulting for a male in his early twenties to be labelled 'cute'."

With a looming figure over his documents, Marx raised his eyes to meet the visitor's. "So, what are you here for?"

"Alvieha told me that she'd be heading somewhere in the Forsaken Region. There's something bothering here."

"Okay," Marx sounded curious, "What seems to be bothering about this place?"

"She didn't say. All I got was that it may be difficult to contact her for several days or weeks, depending on the gravity of the situation. The part of the kingdom she'll be heading to seems to block any form of telepathy."

"I understand," Julius butted in. "That's noted. If you can still contact her, just tell her to stay safe."

With a mask of nonchalance, the First Ace headed to his boss' desk. "Why don't you tell her yourself? I'm still connected with her right now."

The grown man instantly dropped the writing implement he held, excited. "O-Okay. Let me talk to her."

From the other side of the desk, Cirxen leaned down on the sitting man across him and pressed the centre of Julius' forehead with his right index and middle fingers. 

Upon touch, the Wizard King instantly felt a twinge of spark. And seconds later, a hollow, isolated-like sound reverberated in his mind and in his ears. 

Sounds of wind whistling along with someone breathing caught the grown man's attention. Eager to start the conversation, Julius broke the silence. 

"Alvieha, can you hear me?"

From the other end, a voice of a woman gasped in surprise."

J-Julius-san? Oh, I see. Cirxen connected you to me. Yes?"

"I heard you're heading to a restricted part of the kingdom. Is that right?"

"Yes. I have been near here before, but since I'll be going deeper, I can really not use telepathy to communicate anymore. So, at least, you know. I'll instantly contact you guys once I finish what I'm supposed to do."

"Okay. In that case. Better stay safe. If it's becoming highly dangerous for you, return to the capital instantly."

"What are you talking about? It's a Rover's job to inspect mysterious events throughout the kingdom. Don't recommend me to ditch my obligation. Besides, I can handle this. Though it'll just take a while. Hopefully, not."

"O-Okay. Just stay alive, okay?"

"Yes, yes. You sound like a doting father."

Julius simply hummed happily. 

"All right, Julius-san. I'll go now. Cirxen, I know you can hear me. I'll just buzz on you once I finish what I have to do."

"Okay" was all Cirxen responded before Alvieha was cut off. 

Meanwhile, somewhere far in the Clover Kingdom, almost near the border with Spade Kingdom, a figure clad in worn-out hooded robe cloak stood facing an eerie view, a forest shrouded in miasma. 

Well, then. Shall we begin?

.....

Cirxen - [surk sen]
Alvieha - [al veeyeha]

958 words.