Zhongli/Rex Lapis || SC: The Wondering Bamboo

Image Source (Original): https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/635289091197487668/

A thank-you post for the patronage. 

🎍📗💔💔📗🎍

In the mortal realm lies a belief that equates ignorance with bliss. But in the land of laws and contracts, ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

Regardless of the hardships, no matter the emotions felt, the law – or at the very least, promises, must be upheld. 

But what if one can only uphold it for far too long? 

That was indeed what one has felt for such a long time. 

Prior to that one war, one would always witness how a comrade would bicker with another. While one of them would lack emotions in their speech, the other would be awash with emotions. First, disappointment and later, exhaustion. 

From an outsider's purview, the last thing those two would possess was a positive relationship. But what one sees does not reflect reality. 

If it wasn't for this comrade whose emotions were as visible and distinguishable as their robe, one would not have even met and eventually serve under a god as great as Rex Lapis. 

If only one had later realised how this comrade was just as capable of feigning reality...

How one's comrade slowly and gradually lost their glow at the sight of two certain lovers on a stroll...

I have never personally met him. 

The moment I devoted my loyalty and support to Rex Lapis, he was not around him anymore. 

I've heard from Cloud Retainer that, prior to his ascension, he would be seen right behind him, always ready to provide any form of advice or information our lord wanted. 

They were inseparable. Even after meeting Lady Guizhong, the two would still be found immersed in deep and even simple conversation. 

He was our god's shadow, if you will, that he knew what was there to know about Liyue, even far more than what the other Adepti would be aware of. 

He was the Guardian of Knowledge of ancient Liyue, the Master of Eternal Tome.  

[Male Name]. 

When one has heard of the incident, one could only assume such a tale to be untrue. 

None has ever heard of such a grave situation becoming reality. It was perceived as impossible. Fabricated. A simple tale to arouse imagination. 

But when more information reached one's presence, words that couldn't have just been woven together for mere entertainment, one could barely respond. 

Such an event would have not come at a worse moment, particularly for, at that time, the world was in chaos. 

Gods were fighting. Bloodshed, wherever one looked. 

And then, to hear [Male Name], who was initially reluctant, and later relented to leave, had descended from Celestia, in the middle of war, and vanished without a trace.