Vinsmoke Sanji || Key to the Void [2]

Image Source (Original): https://www.zerochan.net/1178410

.....

Everything was at peace for [Male Name].

His fruit stall is still sought-after, his earnings for the day already half-filled the jar beside him, even thought it's still 11 in the morning, and the weather was what he preferred the most - cloudy.

But, the silence was shattered the moment sounds of footsteps dashing towards the market caught the attention of every seller and buyer.

"I told you we should have left that place early!"

"But, Zoro! Their food was great!"

"Look what you got ourselves into!"

As the two pirates with a group of Marines on their tails passed by [Male Name], a ghost of a smile found itself beside the male's mole.

So, Sanji's here. Better say hi.

.....

Later, the captain and his right-hand man met up with the grocery-shopping cook. Needless to say, he, too had no choice but to run. Luckily, he hasn't bought too much yet.

The idea of knocking the Marines unconscious swam in their heads, so, they did. However, within a span of minutes, reinforcements arrived. As Luffy tried to punch his opponents to the ground while the other two had their hands full as well, a net reinforced with Seastone came his way, instantly binding him and completely nullifying his powers.

Zoro quickly came to the rescue, grabbing their tied-up captain and placed him on his shoulder as they opted for plan B. Sanji followed suit.

Minutes of running later, they got away from the Marines, catching their breaths in a dark alleyway while Luffy was still bound.

"We have to return to Sunny and sail," Sanji suggested while untangling the captain. "It will only be minutes before they get caught up with the situation."

Zoro grunted in approval. "But, it's on the other side of the island. How can we even go back there? Luffy's useless with those nets. Besides, we're not even sure if it's only soldiers or if there are Vice Admirals nearby."

With Luffy now free, they tried to think of a plan. Luffy opted to use force, charging right through the town and reach their ship, hopefully in one piece. Zoro insisted on doing something else, stretching the captain's rubbery cheek as protest. Sanji, on the other hand, was in deep thought.

They were in a bind.

"Well, well, well," said a dismembered voice. "Aren't you guys in a pickle?"

The voice was taunting, at least for Zoro and Sanji. Expecting to see an opponent, the swordsman quickly raced to his swords while Sanji dropped his burning cigarette onto the ground, grinding it with his foot until the light burned out.

For Luffy, it didn't seem to be someone against them.

"If it isn't Straw Hat and his crew. The last time we saw each other, you were trapped inside a maze of a cave. Now, you lots are like rats to a cage. Where's the improvement?"

It took a while for Luffy to process the thought, but for Sanji, it clicked immediately. The scenario was fairly familiar, as he was also trapped in the maze-like cave mentioned. The previous appearance of the male was covered with filth and grime, unlike the relatively hygienic one in front of him. And with no dirt nor dust, he found something he was looking for.

A birth mark right beside the lip of the male.

The emotions that threatened to burst weeks prior welled up once more. And as the inner dam in him began to crack, the feeling of happiness rushed out of the void.