Natsu Dragneel; Gray Fullbuster || RQ: Destiny Bond

Image Source: http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qnqfiAWP1rvs63no1_1280.jpg

Requested by: Jng_double
I'm not sure if this is what you requested for. I apologise in advance if it isn't.

.....

It was a peaceful day in the guild. Mirajane was attending the bar while some people sat on tables, filling the air in the guild hall with a familiar sense of home.

"Mira-san," a blonde girl chirped as she approached from the entrance. "Have you seen Natsu?"

"I think he and Gray just left for a mission," the woman said while drying some glasses. "A mayor personally requested those two."

"I have a feeling we'll be receiving another bill and complaints because of this."

"My, my."

Indeed, Gray and Natsu, along with Happy, left for a western city in Fiore. After the guild and the continent survived the War of the Worlds the Black Wizard offered them, missions flocked into the guild. Some were personal requests from certain people, and Gray and Natsu's mission was one of them.

They were personally asked to take care of some demon-like creatures terrorising the town. Of course, it went by quickly, but, as always, not as smoothly as residents wanted.

"T-Thank you for finally eliminating those things from my town," said the mayor. "H-However, did you have to take part of the town along with them?"

"Sorry about that," Natsu replied with a laugh. Gray and Happy simply sighed.

"I guess I'll just be sending the bill to your guild."

"We're really sorry about this."

After talking with the mayor, both males and Happy were now on their way back to the guild. Not too far from the mayor's office, both males were already arguing, shouting in the middle of the street, when one resident stopped in front of them.

"You two are the ones who destroyed this town, right?"

The wizards stopped their bickering and turned to the male, confused.

"Y-Yeah," Gray confirmed. "Sorry about that."

A heavy sigh left the male's lips as response. He felt his energy plummet at the answer, so he closed the gap between the males and rested one hand on Gray's shoulder and another on Natsu's.

"Some great wizards you two are. You can't even do one job without collateral damage. It was a bad idea requesting the two of you for this task."

The male then pushed both males aside and passed between them. While Gray took the words calmly, Natsu didn't. He shouted for the resident to stop but the latter continued walking away from them. Salamander then positioned himself to chase after him, but Gray halted him, asking the friend to let it pass.

With heavy hearts, the Fairy Tail wizards were now at the border of the town. Happy flew ahead while the men still sulked. Nothing was on their path, yet, when Natsu and Gray were finally about to step out of the town, both collided with something they can't see. The flying cat had no problem, but Natsu and Gray were like walking against a wall.

Some residents took notice of this. Moments later, the mayor appeared .

"Old man, what's going on here?" Natsu barked. "Why is there an invisible wall here?"

"Did you, by any chance, get in contact with a certain guy with [Hair Colour] hair?"

Both males stood for a second and recalled. "There was this one guy who stopped us earlier." The mayor knew it.