BOTW!Link X Reader | Scars

Warnings:
None

      I sat on me and Link's bed reading a book. It was quite a lovely chapter, the main protagonist was finally getting married to his husband. It was so cute. I was just getting to the good part when I heard the door slam open and the poor book went flying out of my hands.

      "Link!" I yelled, leaning over the railing next to the bed to scold him, "Don't slam the door open like that!"

      He looked up at me innocently. "I was just excited to see my beautiful girlfriend."

      My cheeks burned crimson and I huffed, "I still don't want you slamming the doors. It's loud and scary."

      "Aww, did I scare you, flower?" He cooed teasingly, dropping his weapons onto the floor. "I'm sorry."

       "Put your weapons in the shed outside."

       "But I'm too lazy to go back out there. Besides, it's pouring."

      "Then lean them against the wall but don't throw them into the middle of the floor."

       "You're never satisfied."

       "Nope," I said popping the 'p' before smirking, "You love me though."

       He smiled, moving the swords and spears against the wall just as I asked, "I sure do." He glanced down at his stomach before tilting his head at me. "Do we have any food?"

      I thought for a moment, "I think there are some apples and bananas in the cabinet," I said pointing.

      "Thank you." He grabbed a few fruits and sat down at our table, happily munching away.

      I decided to join him and hopped out of bed, moving downstairs and sitting across from him. I leaned my head against my hand and watched him.

      He smirked playfully at me and once he swallowed he laughed, "Why are you just staring at me?"

      "You're just so cute when you eat. I know how much you like food and the joy shows." I tilted my head as I gazed into his twinkling blue eyes.

     "I'm only this happy because you're here with me."

      "Don't over inflate my ego. It will only back fire on you."

      "I thought flirting was a good thing."

      I smiled, "You flirt too much."

      He huffed and went back to his food making me giggle quietly. My eyes trailed to a scar that was visible on his hand, quickly spotting more on his other hand and on his face. I wonder how many scars he has...

      After a few minutes Link broke the silence, "What's wrong? Is there something on my face?" he asked curiously, grazing his chin with his hand.

      "No, I was just looking at your scars." I waited for a moment before continuing. "How many do you have...?"

      He furrowed his brow, glancing up in thought, "I'm not really sure." he pushed the remaining apples away and glanced at me. "Would you like to see the others? I don't mind."

      I blushed, "What do you mean?"

      "I mean the scars on the rest of me, silly. What else would I mean?"

      I've never ever seen him shirtless before. "Um, alright."

      "Okay!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs and sat me down on the bed, pulling his shirt over his head.

      "Why didn't we just stay at the table?"

      "The lightings a bit better because the lamps are basically next to us and there's no table to block us from each other." His eyes gleamed with a childlike innocence and I sighed.

      "That makes sense." I blushed as my eyes trailed over his bare chest and stomach. He was perfect, his muscles were defined enough to be impressive but not to the point where it was intimidating. He was slouching and so his stomach folded slightly and it was just so cute.

       "Your cheeks are red, (Y/N)," Link laughed as he poked my right cheek.

      "I'm sorry!" I covered my face with my hands.

      He pried my hands away and cupped my face, "Don't be sorry, dummy. It's just cute." He pressed his lips against my forehead. "Really, really cute."

      I blushed more and he snickered. "O-okay." I noticed how he had some pretty big scars which would trail from his collar past his stomach. "These look like they really hurt..." I gently trailed my fingers over one of them and he shivered.

      "Yeah, they did hurt quite a bit. The god thing is that I always lived, though."

      "Yes. Thank Hylia you're still alive. I'm not sure what I'd do without you." I was a bit zoned out as I wondered how all these scars came to this beautiful boy. I mean, how could someone ever dream of hurting Link? I guess it's mainly monsters.

       My eyes finally landed on one scar that was so big it looked as though the only thing that could have left something like that had to have been fatal.

       "Oh. That one," he muttered, placing a hand over it. "I think I fell to this one." My eyes widened and he chuckled, "A hundred years ago I fell and Zelda had some members of the Sheika tribe place me in the shrine of resurrection. I forgot about that. I guess I haven't really lived through all of my wounds."

      My brows knitted in worry as I gripped his shoulders, startling him. "You promise you'll never fall in battle again?" I felt tears spring to my eyes. "I don't know if I'd be able to wait a whole hundred years for you to return."

       He smiled gently, "Oh, my flower. Don't worry." He pulled me into his chest as I whimpered. "I won't die. I swear to the Goddesses that I won't." He patted my back gently, soothing me, "There, there. Why don't we go to bed, hmm?"

      I nodded and allowed him to lat me down on my side as he curled around me, throwing the blanket over us. I wiled my tears and placed a gentle kiss on my lips and smiled when I returned it. With that he turned off the lights a d we fell asleep, happy to be in the embrace of the other.