OOT!Link X Reader | Good Bye Pt.1

Warnings:
Suicide
Angst

     Link walked around Kakariko village, seeking out the girl he loved. For him, a mere fee seconds had passed but in reality it had been a full 7 years. He felt he needed to find you and finally confess his feelings, considering he was mentally somehow older and could fully understand them.

     "Excuse me, Sir? Do you know a girl named (Y/N)?"

      The man looked at him and raised a brow, "Why? She's been gone for years now."

      "Gone? What do you mean?" His heart thumped fearfully against his chest as he feared you had left the safety of Kakariko and ventured about the plains.

      "She disappeared about three years ago. Never returned, she was well-loved amongst the people here so we left her house untouched," he said, motioning towards her cheerfully colored yet worn down home. "Why do you ask? Did you know her?"

      "Yes, I did. I knew her very well."

     The man's eyes softened when he saw the fear in the blonde's eyes and placed a hand his shoulder, "Maybe you should go visit her home, then."

      Link nodded. "Yes, I will. Thank you."

      "No problem kid."

      Link swallowed thickly as he made his way to her house, opening the squeaky door. He coughed as dust showered down from the frames and walked further inside. Everything was eerily still. Last time he's been here you were smiling and giggling and had shown him all the pictured you'd draw, pinning them to your walls. Now, everything was dull, the liveliness sucked away to leave a empty husk. The paint on the walls were peeling away and he felt tears spring to his eyes. Link walked towards your dining table and sat down, scanning the room with his piercing blue eyes.

      A folded piece of paper caught his eye and when he looked closer it said 'Link' on it. He furrowed his brow and picked it up, unfolding the yellowing paper, and began to read.

      Dear Link,

     If you are reading this then I suppose I was wrong and my rash decisions led me to leave you alone as I had thought you'd done to me. One day you were here, doodling with me and telling he stories of Dodongo Cavern and suddenly you left. I waited for so long, hoping you'd come back, but you never did. I couldn't hold on any longer. You were my only friend, you know? The only person who ever really cared about me. I began fighting off monsters who'd find their way into the village and so the town's people appreciated me but I didn't connect with them the way I connected with you. I couldn't connect with them because I felt things for you. I loved you. I'm sorry. But this is goodbye.

With Love, (Y/N)

     Link slowly placed his head on his arms and cried. He cried and cried for a long time before working up the strength to go back to the Temple of Time and to make things right. He had to go back and make sure you'd know he'd come back for you in 7 years time.