BOTW!Link X Reader | Wolf Link

Requested by @PandaEmpress18

Warnings:
None

I smiled, holding Link's hand as we walked through the forest behind Kakariko. We were going to to Rabia Plains, hearing a traveler had gotten lost on the way to Zora's Domain.

       "I'm sorry, dear but I don't have any food for you." Cotera's soft voice carried through the tree's as we neared the fountain. A low bark was heard in response.

       On instinct, Link pulled out his blade, expecting it to be a normal wolf. He couldn't have been further from the truth, however.

       A large grey wolf with unnatural markings whimpered as he stood, looking at Cotera. He turned, glancing at us when we approached. A metal chain clung to his front left paw and shining blue earrings on his ears. Aside from that what stood out was his eyes. They shined with a kind of light I ever saw in Link and shared the same hue of blue as my boyfriend.

       "Hey there," I cooed softly, moving towards the wolf who genuinely seemed shocked that I could see him. "Are you hungry?"

       The wolf nodded his head, walking towards me on his delicately small white paws. I smiled, pulling out a slice of raw prime meat and placing it in front of him.

       Link seemed to understand hat this canine was different from the others and lowered his guard, coming closer as well. "Wow. Where did you come from, buddy?" Link questioned, earning a small yip from the feasting wolf.

       Cotera spoke up. "He shares your same name, Link. Apparently he is a visitor from another realm. He came to aid you. Only those blessed by the Godesses can see him." With that, the fairy made her way down into the waters of the spring, leaving me alone with the Link's.

        I smiled, petting the wolfs fur gently. "Wow. I'm literally blessed."

       Link smiled, placing a hand on my waist and pulling me towards him. "As you should be."

       I smiled and turned, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. "Don't flatter me too much, love." He simply blushed and ran a hand through my hair.

       Once the wolf was done eating he stood for a moment, seeming to contemplate on what to do before laying his head on my lap, sighing. I guess eating so much food so suddenly would make anyone tired.

       "Wow. I feel like I'm competing with myself over your affection," Link scoffed when I ran my hands through the mane of dark grey fur on the wolfs head.

       "Oh, hush." I leaned against him, letting my head rest on his shoulder. "I'd never leave you. You're my Hero if the Wilds."

       He rolled his eyes, kissing my forehead lightly as my eyes fluttered closed. "That's a relief. I love you, (Y/N)."

       I sleepily smiled, "I love you to, Link."