Revali X Reader | Bad Weather

Requested by: Ani_the_Rito

Warnings:
None

Notes:
None

     I shivered, huddling into the thick blankets that covered me as I sat in the cot that served as Revali's and I's bed. It was raining outside and the tarp-like window covers weren't helping with the cold. At least I wasn't wet. Poor Revali, if his wings get too wet he won't be able to fly, meaning he'll have to walk all the way back.

     He's been gone for the past couple of days. Something about helping Mipha with her divine beast because some of the controls were similar. I'm not exactly sure.

After about an hour, angry tapping of talons on wet wood notified me of Revali's return. He gracelessly threw open the tarp covering the door and quickly closed it once inside. Glaring daggers at everything, drenched to the core.

I stifled a giggle and tossed him a towel. "Hard day at work?"

"Oh, no. The work was absolutely fine. It's the weather that is absolutely horrendous."

"I see. It is really cold outside, and the rain is definitely not good for your feathers, right?"

He flicked his wings, trying to dry them a bit while not getting all of our stuff wet in the process. "It's terrible for my feathers. All the time I spend preening them and the Goddesses do this!" He held up a damp hand, once white feathers grey with moisture drooping. "Look at this, Love." He was distressed, obviously.

"Revali, calm down. It's just some water."

"(Y/N)! My reputation is at stake! What if people saw me, the most skilled archer of the Rito, and most undoubtedly most handsome, looking like this!" He stomped his foot. "I will not have it!"

I poured some water into our cooking pot to make some tea and walked over to him, pulling him closer to the fire. "Revali, no one is going to think differently of you because of some rain. People are smarter than that."

      "Yes, but (Y/N)," I gently placed my hands on his beak, shushing him.

      "No, I know exactly what this is. You're upset due to discomfort and you're blaming it on other's."

     He glanced away and patted down his wing with the towel.

     "Is there more?"

     "Well, you see..." he fiddled with his feathers, "If some bad weather is able to render me flightless and this... unable to fight..." He covered his face with his wings, "Not to say I'm scared, just worried." 

     I smiled and smoothed out the feathers on his head, "Revali, you know you have nothing to worry about. You're the most skilled archer of the Rito. I'd even like to argue the entirety of Hyrule. The Princess wouldn't just pick anyone to man a Divine Beast, y'know."

      "I mean when you put it that way," he pulled his wings back down to his sides. "Thank you, love. You always know how to cheer me up."

      I smiled fondly at him and patted the side of his beak. "What can I say? It's what I do." I then turned, pouring both of us some tea. "Here."

      He took the warm cup into his hands, "Ah. Thank you."

      "Of course." I waited a fee more minutes before speaking again. "Feeling better?"

     "Much. I love you."

     I grinned, huddling against him and leaning into his side, "I love you to."