BOTW!Link X Reader | Jealosy

Requested by: @jayleneee-

Warnings:
None

(Y/N) and Link ran around Terry Town, now a bustling place after the fall of the Great Calamity.

       "You can't catch me, (Y/N)," the blonde boy mused, glancing at the (h/c) person running after him. He had stolen her favorite shield and was running off with it.

       "I can and I will!" They called, trying to pick up speed.

       They continued the game of cat and mouse until Link ran around a corner. (Y/N) was quick to follow him until rudely colliding with another being. The two flopped to the floor and the brown haired boy groaned.

       "Ouch."

       "Oh Goddesses, are you alright, sir? I'm so sorry. I didn't know you'd be there and I wasn't looking. I'm so sorry," (Y/N) muttered frantically crawling over and hesitantly placing a hand on the other's arm.

       The boy, who was about the same age as Link and (Y/N), opened his eyes and smiled. "Oh, I'm quite alright. Besides, you're quite the beautiful person to bump into. Literally."

       A small blush creeped onto (Y/N)'s face as they giggled. "Well, I'm just glad that you're alright, sir."

       He shook his head and chuckled, "Please, call me Elas."

       (Y/N) stood offering their hand out, "Alright. My name is (Y/N)."

       "Oh, a fitting name for some one as gorgeous as you."

       (Y/N) smiled and placed their free hand on their warm cheeks. "W-well, don't flatter me, now."

       Link realized that his friend, and crush, wasn't following him anymore and turned back, glancing around to corner to see some random boy flirting with (Y/N). How rude. He needed to intervene somehow.

       "(Y/N)! There you are, I thought you fell off the edge or something," Link smiled as he walked over, nodding to the edges of the town which were fenced off. He knew that (Y/N) wasn't really dating him and that he had no right in interfering with them and another person but he couldn't help it.

       Elas smiled, "Oh? Are you (Y/N)'s friend?"

       "Yes, we are and you're interrupting our game of keep away, actually." Link held up (Y/N)'s Lynel shield and smirked.

       (Y/N) huffed and snatched it from the blonde, slinging it to their back once again. "Now, don't be rude, Link. Elas is actually really nice."

       Link widened his blue eyes slightly. "But (Y/N), we were meant to hang out today. We don't know when I'll be called away on duty." He knew this wasn't true. Zelda had given him a full month off from any duties because of the whole Calamity thing and he still had two weeks of break.

      "Oh, I understand if you want to go." Elas looked at (Y/N) for a moment. "You're far out of my league anyway."

       (Y/N)'s face flushed again as they scolded the boy for saying such a thing about himself.

       Link glared. Flirting with (Y/N) when he wasn't close by was one thing. Flirting with them when he's right in front of them is another.

       The blue eyed boy placed a gentle hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "No, no. I think Elas here has a point. You're really way out of his league."

        (Y/N) blinked in shock, not once had Link ever tried to insult someone before. Not only that but hearing a compliment from the hero sent a deeper color of red to their cheeks.

       "Excuse me?" Elas chuckled nervously. "I've only been nice and you straight up insult me? That's pretty rude."

       "Yeah? Well clearly I wanted to spend time with them alone and you just didn't leave. Not only that you flirt with them in front of my face."

       "Listen dude, I didn't even know you two were dating."

       "We're not."

        "Then why in the name of the Goddess are you being so possessive?"

       This caught the boy off guard and he glanced down at the (e/c) eyes that stared up at him. "Because I want to date them. And I didn't want someone unworthy steal their heart first!"

       Elas merely shook his head and looked at (Y/N). "I'm sorry you have to deal with him. I'm going to Hateno is you ever want to see me, though." With that the brunette was gone and Link was left alone with (Y/N).

       "Link... What the hell was that?"

       The blonde huffed and looked away, "Totally not jealousy if that's what you're hinting at." There was a small hint of playfulness in his voice that calmed (Y/N) down in the slightest.

       "You didn't have to be so rude to him though."

        "Well-"

        "You should've just told me you like me. It's not that hard."

       Link looked down at the person he fell so deeply in love with. "What."

       "I said you should've just told me you liked me. You're really good at being oblivious, huh'?"

       "Are you saying you like me back?"

        "Well, yes. You should-" (Y/N) stopped their little rant immediately when they felt soft lips press against their own. Well, I guess the lecture on jealousy could wait for a fee minutes.