Astor X Reader | Take a Break

Requested by: @Rosepinkdragon

Warnings:
None

Notes:
None

     I rubbed my eyes, walking around the Yiga Clan's hideout. I was looking for my certain someone. Astor. No, he isn't my 'boss.' He's my lover. If he weren't a wanted criminal I'm sure I'd be able to call him my husband by now. I guess that's one of the downsides of loving the man who's planning on killing the whole kingdom.

     An eerie purple glow emanated from the room which he used to... pray? To that weird cursed egg thing. Apparently it tells him the future and what must happen... although I think it tells him much more than that.

     I creaked the door open and peeked in, seeing him frustratedly fidgeting with his orb. I'm not entirely sure what that thing is either. Oh well. He doesn't seem to want to talk about it and frankly, I'm not that interested. As long as he's happy then I think it's fine.

     "Astor, my love? Are you alright?"

     He glanced up, annoyance clear in his eyes, "No. I am not. I can't figure out what I am meant go do next! Ganon won't tell me!" He gripped the edges of the rotating sphere until his knuckles turned pale.

     I sighed, so he's in one of those moods. I walked over and placed my hands over his, making him relax almost instantly. "Astor, you'll harm yourself again if you stress too much. I'm sure... Ganon... will tell you when it's- he's? Ready."

     He relaxed into his chair, allowing his ball to rest on the table, and stared up at me with solemn eyes. "(Y/N), my dear, you don't understand. The Princess and her forces are already getting stronger and if I don't know what to do it could be the end for all of this." He huffed, glaring at his hands. "It's frustrating."

     "I know it is but sitting here won't make Ganon talk to you any sooner."

      "What are you suggesting?"

      I took his hands in mine, inviting him out of his seat. "Only that it is late and time you should rest. You've been at this for hours."

     He looked at me skeptically, "Surely it's not past sunset. There's still plenty of time for me to do things."

     "Astor, you've been up all day working. Besides, you were restless in your sleep last night with all the stress. I want- need you to take some time off. If not for yourself, will you do it for me?"

     He stared at me, hesitant, before sighing. He stood, taking his ball in one hand, and followed me to our shared room. "Quite rude of you to take advantage of the power you hold over my heart."

      I smiled, closing the doors for privacy. "Oh, please. I have a point and you know it."

     "Doesn't mean I can't still be upset over it." He placed his ball down on the bedside table and plopped down in bed.

     "See. You seem exhausted."

      "I'm only pretending."

     I simply stared at him.

     "What?"

     "We both know you're not very good at acting."

     He blinked, staring at me with (obviously) faked shock. "How dare you."

     I smiled, walking over and sat down next to him, leaning against the headboard. "It's true."

     "Is not!"

     I rolled my eyes, "Oh, fine. Whatever you say, my wonderful actor."

     "Well, I wouldn't go that far..."

     I smirked, seeing him glance down in a somewhat shy gesture. "You should sleep."

     "I enjoy talking with you. Can we talk for a little while longer?"

    "I'll still be around tomorrow. We can talk then."

    "Yes, but I-"

     I pressed a finger to his lips, shushing him. "Sleep. If you wake up early tomorrow we can talk then. Alright?" I brought my hands to his face and gently caressed the dark skin under his eyes. "Your exhausted and it shows."

     He blushed, smiling at me. "You're very perceptive."

     "Only when it comes to you." I leaned down and kisses him on the forehead.

     "You missed."

     "No. If you sleep now I'll give you a proper kiss in the morning."

     "Fine, fine." He pulled me down to lie beside him and wrapped his arms around me. "Good night, love."

    "Goodnight, Astor."