BOTW!Link X Yiga!Reader | Is That For Me?

low level yiga is gathering bananas and meets link who tries to fight her but then ends up becoming friend

Warnings:
Abuse

I sighed as I trudged through the rain. It was already annoying to have to gather bananas for the whole clan every few days but having to constantly wear this tight suit was annoying. It was so uncomfortable. I watched as many travelers scurried towards the nearby stable in their thick trousers and tunics with envy. I get that Master Khoga thinks these enhance stealth but goodness! Couldn't he have gotten something better?

      I added more bananas to my satchel and huffed, I know I'm not supposed to eat the bananas, only the higher ranking Yiga could but, they wouldn't know, right? I was tired of eating apples day after day anyway.

      A deep laughter sounded behind me as I pulled out a single banana and jumped. "I caught you in the act."  

       I turned and saw one of the blade masters behind me. Oh no.

      "Shinju, I swear, it's not what you think!"

      "Mhm, tell that to the boss."

      "You can have the banana," I held it up, not wanting to be reported.

      He sighed and snatched it roughly, "Fine, I'll let you off the hook this time. Only because I won't have anyone to mess with if Master kills you. You've violated way too many rules this month."

      "A-alright." I hated Shinju so much. He always picked on me and took my food sometimes. Not to mention he'd always report me, getting me in trouble. The Yiga weren't too forgiving with their punishments either.

      "You owe me though. I want your share of food for the rest of the week."

      "The whole week?! How am I meant to function without food?"

      He shrugged, "You'll manage. Now, I'll take those bananas back to the people who are actually worthy of eating them, thank you very much." He grabbed my bag and slung it over his shoulder, throwing me another. "May as well get started on picking food for tomorrow, hm?"

      I sighed wearily and nodded, "Alright."

       With that he disappeared into a puff of red smoke and I cussed. "I don't even want to be a part of this stupid clan! Master Khoga has been missing for weeks and everyone's mean to me. I can't even teleport like they can!" I yelled angrily. Gosh I hate this so much. I began making my way around randomly, looking for something to eat before Shinju began monitoring me again.

       "Ugh! Stupid rain! C'mere you durian."

      I trudged towards the voice and stopped, seeing a blonde haired boy reaching desperately for the pungent fruit. I pulled out my duplex bow and expertly shot it down.

       "What?" The boy's crystal blue eyes shot up to me and he immediately drew his bow back. "Goddesses, it's another one of you Yiga, where do you keep coming from?!"

       It was a rhetorical question but I decided to answer, dodging his arrows first. "Well, I came from the trees behind me, obviously. There were a lot of bananas, but my... coworker took them."

       "You can talk?!" He shouted, "I thought that was just he Khoga dude."

       "We can talk, dummy. Can you please stop shooting me?"

      He hesitantly lowered his bow, keeping the arrows equipped. "Fine..."

       I grinned under my mask. "Thank you! Oh, right." I took the mask off and shook my head, holding the smooth face covering over my head to block the rain. "My name is (Y/N). You?"

       He looked at me suspiciously and sighed, "I'm Link."

       "Like, the hero Link?" He nodded, "Well, I'm pretty sure the clan is trying to kill you."

      "Yes, I know. That's why I was shooting you."

       "Well, I suggest you work on your aim then, hero. I got away every time and I'm a really low rank." 

      He huffed, "Why are you even talking to me?"

      "Because I have no friends and you have food."

      "I'm not feeding you."

       "Please?"

       "I don't like sharing my food."

       I sighed and turned, "Fine, I'll go look somewhere else."

      He stared at my retreating form before gently grabbing my wrist, turning me to face him. "I hate helping you but you seem alright. C'mon, I'll simmer some fruit for you."

      I grinned widely, "Thank you! You're a life saver!"

       He smiled, "Yup. That's kind of my job."