OOT!Link X Reader | Good Bye Pt. 2

Warnings:
None

     Link ran towards Castle Town, ignoring the burning in his legs that begged him to slow down. Tears were forming in his eyes as he of (Y/N). He just wanted to make sure you'd be alright, after that he'd save Hyrule.

      "Hey! Listen!"a small blue fairy shouted, poking out of Link's hat.

     "Not now, Navi," he grumbled. "I have something more important to do right now."

      Once past the moat Link ran towards the Temple of Time, weaving through the crowd of husks who reached towards him with their pale, skeletal hands. Once he could see the three gems he had gotten seven years ago he slowed to a walk, allowing the burning muscles in his legs and lungs a short break as he stumbled towards the room behind. He smiled when he slid the Master Sword into its pedestal and went back in time.

      Link opened his eyes, adjusting them to the new bright light. He looked down, relieved to see his body was once again small. He stood and ran out, smiled slightly at the joyous citizens of Castle Town as they frolicked around. He squeezed past the crowd and ran as fast as he could to Kakariko Village. It did take him a while as he did have to take multiple breaks. Not to mention his legs were much shorter than they are 7 years in the future. He did finally make it however and quickly ran towards your home.

"(Y/N)?" he whimpered, slamming open the door.

The girls mother glanced up, nearly dropping the plate she had been washing. "Link? What's wrong, are you alright?" she called.

"Yes," he panted, exhausted from the long run. "I just need to find (Y/N)."

"Oh, she's out playing by the well I believe. Either that or she's chasing the cucco's. You know how she is."

Link smiled fondly, "Yes. Thank you."

"No problem."

Link ran out, going to the well. He grinned widely when he saw her. Her beautiful (h/c) hair gently swaying in the wind. Her practically glowing face as she smiled happily.

"(Y/N)?" he said as he approached.

Her head wiped around and joy flooded her eyes. "Link!" She giggled as she ran up, giving the boy a huge hug. "What are you doing here? I thought you said you had to go to Castle Town?"

He smiled, "Yeah, I know but I needed to make you a promise first."

(Y/N) tilted her head curiously, "A promise? Why?"

"You see, I'm going to have to go away for a long time... seven years to be exact and I need you to wait for me. Please."

(Y/N) blinked, surprised by the desperation in his voice. "O-okay. Can I ask where you will be?"

"No. I'm sorry. Maybe when I come back I can tell you."

"Hmm," the young girl hummed in though, staring at the boy. "Okay." She held up her pinky finger, "I promise to wait for you if you promise to come back in seven years. If you take any longer I will stop waiting." She huffed the last part playfully but Link felt a pang of fear and worry.

"Alright." He twisted his own pinkie around hers and smiled slightly, "I swear to Hylia I'll come back in seven years."

"Goods."

*****
(Y/N)

I looked at my calendar. Today, it will have been a week past the seven years mark since Link left. I sighed, looking down at the floor. Maybe he broke the promise. Maybe he won't come back. After my parents were killed by some sort of monsters I had almost given up. It was only that small promise Link had made to me that kept me going. He was my light.

Just as I was headed towards my bed my front door slammed open and I whipped around, expecting there to be an enemy when a familiar shade of green entered my vision.

"Link...?" My voice shook more than I wish it did.

"(Y/N)," Link breathed in relief.

I felt tears stream down my face. "You're late." I felt myself automatically pout. "You broke your promise."

Link smiled, "I'm sorry. Thank you for keeping yours."

"Yeah... You owe me now, y'know."

"Yeah, that sounds fair."

There was a short silence as we stared into each others eyes. It was only broken when Link opened his arms.

"Can I... have a hug?"

I nodded and ran to him, almost sending us both toppling to the floor. I sobbed as he held me tightly against him. "I missed you so much! Do you know how hard it's been to just... wait for you?!" I looked at him with my teary eyes, "Don't ever leave me for that long ever again."

Link practically flinched when he saw the pain in my eyes and he sighed. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I'm going to make it up to you. I promise."

"Your promises mean nothing to me," I muttered back.

This time he did flinch, "I'm sorry. I tried to get here faster but I couldn't run for that long. I've been running a lot."

"Alright you're forgiven. Only because I love you." I didn't care anymore. I waited for so long to see him I get to say how I feel.

He smiled and gently kissed me, "I love you to."