BOTW!Link X Reader | Requited Love

Warnings:
None

"(Y/N)!" I sighed and turned.

"Hi, Zelda."

"Where in Hylia's name were you today? I was looking everywhere for you. Bolson want's to begin working on your room you know."

I smiled, "Yeah, well... I'm busy with my studies. You know that."

Zelda looked down at my books on the Goddess Hylia then glanced out my window above the desk, spotting Link training with another Hylian below. She hummed. "Studying. Sure."

A blush crept across my face and Zelda giggled knowingly. "I am studying!" I lowered my voice to a whisper. "Stop teasing me about liking Link. It's not fair."

"How isn't it fair?"

"Because you don't like anyone and I can't tease you back."

Zelda merely shrugged and a short silence followed. "Why don't you just tell him?"

"He won't like me back. Are you kidding?"

She cocked a brow and looked at me. "What makes you say that?"

"Here," I propped myself up so that I could clearly look down at the training boy and motioned for the young Queen to do the same. "As I see it he has to love someone, right?"

Zelda hummed, watching the knight.

"And he's been on countless adventures. Right?"

The girl pursed her lips rotating her hands as if to urge me to get to the point.

"Well, he can't possibly like me. We've barely even spoken."

"You know I can just call him up here right now and order him to get to know you, right?"

"That's mean to him."

"What are you implying? You're a lovely person, (Y/N). If he talks to you that's a blessing to him." She placed her hands over mine and smiled gently. I began to smile back but her usual mischievousness returned and her grip tightened. Leaning slightly out the window she yelled down to Link, "Link! Can you please come up here?"

The blonde, startled, glanced up before yelling back. "Uh, Sure, Zelda." With that he ran inside the castle, most likely going to the stairs.

"Zelda! Why?"

She smiled innocently, "Why not? I'm sure you guys will get along. Besides, he knows about you. Did you think he doesn't know about my best friend?"

I was dumbstruck and was about to question her until the door swung open.

"You called for me?"

      For the love of Hylia that kid has a lot of stamina.

Zelda and I turned and the Queen giggled, "Yes and no." She gracefully twirled towards the door and waved at us. "I want the two of you to get to know each other." She saw me and smiled widely, "Queens orders."

Link turned to look at her, apparently puzzled, but she was already gone. He then turned to look at me and offered a smile, "Queens orders."

I chuckled, shaking my head and pushing back a blush, "Yeah."

Link walked to a chair close to me, "May I?" I nodded and he sat down. Getting quite comfortable may I add. "So, did you want to speak with me?"

      "No. Not that I don't want to talk to you," I added quickly. "I just didn't ask her to call you up here." I sighed, fiddling with my fingers, a habit I had developed over time that I did often.

      Link chuckled but shook his head when I met his eyes with my own curious ones.

      "So... (Y/N)." He stopped for a moment, "I'm assuming. What do you like to do in your free time?"

      I thought for a moment. "Sometimes I ride my horse around the Hyrule Field. I also love to sketch things." I glanced at him, "What about you?"

      "I like to ride my horse around as well. Killing the remaining monsters is also a fun past time."

      I hummed, "I see..."

      He was quiet for a moment. Then suddenly, "Is this about your crush?" I looked at him in alarm.

     "Wha- no, no."

     "Oh," he wrapped his arms around himself and chuckled, "I thought you liked Datoh. You're always watching when I train him. Not that I notice that you're watching us of course."

      "I don't know who Datoh is," I said laughing awkwardly.

      He hummed. "Were you watching me, then? Because if so I'm flattered."

      I couldn't stop my cheeks from heating up and I covered my face with my hands, "No!"

      "Oh, well. I'm assuming from your face going red you like me?" He questioned, stressing the last word.

      "Maybe," I sighed. "I'm sorry I-"

     "I like you to!"

      "What."

      "I never talked to you because I was afraid I'd mess up and embarrass myself."

"But you were acting so chill just now...?"

He shrugged, leaning forwards towards me. "Guess I'm a good actor?"

I didn't respond, only stared at him in shocked confusion.

He smiled, cupping my cheek gently. "You okay?"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah... I just can't believe it."

The blonde hummed. "I see." He glanced down at my lips before returning to my (e/c) eyes. "Can I kiss you?" He whispered out. It was barely audible.

     I nodded, closing my eyes when he pressed his surprisingly soft lips against my own. It was first kiss so I just let him lead. Apparently, he's never done this either as he pulled away after the sloppily done kiss.

     He rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly very embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I didn't think it would be hard."

      I smiled, leaning forward and kissing him on the cheek. "Don't worry. I know."

     He looked up and grinned childishly, "I love you."

     I grinned back, holding his hands in mine, "I love you to!"