BOTW!Link X Reader | Little

Warnings:
None

Notes:
Your character Regresses in this story and Link is their caretaker.
Post-Calamity

Today was a big day. Especially for Link, my dear boyfriend and caretaker, seeing as I am a Little. Someone who regresses, although I only really do it when I'm very stressed or scared.

      Zelda was throwing a party for all citizens of Hyrule to celebrate the banishment of Calamity Ganon. Link, having had such a big role in the prophecy, was one of the people who would be giving a short speech, doing a short Q and A and even a small ceremony by Zelda to congratulate him. It's all well and good, the only down side being that we would be separated. Leaving me alone in large groups of people or leaving me completely alone at Link's and I's house in Hateno.

      Both had a high change of causing me stress or anxiety, leading to me having a chance of slipping into little space. However, Link and I didn't really have a choice so we decided I'll just attend the celebration. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

      It was nearing the end of the festival and I was sitting with Link behind one of the tents, just before he left for his last mandatory activity: the Q and A.

     Link smiled gently, holding my hands in his. "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

     I nodded, "Yes, Link. I'm sure I won't regress. I've managed to stay in big space all night. I'm sure nothing will change now."

     He grinned, blue eyes shining brightly in the moon light. "Okay. I'm really proud of you by the way."

     I let out a small giggle, "And I you. It's amazing you're my boyfriend."

     "And I'm surprised you're loving me. Despite how... chaotic I can be."

      "I wouldn't have you any other way."

      He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off when a loud horn was blown, calling for him.

      "Oh. That's my cue." He leaned down, kissing me before running off. "See you in a bit, (Y/N)!"

     I grinned, running towards the crowd. Sure, I hated being near so many people but I wanted to watch Link. It calms me just to be able to see him, after all. I squeezed past everyone, my lithe body allowing me to slip around people easily and before I knew it I was in the front of the group, clear view of Link, Zelda, and Impa as they answered the questions the people had. I sighed, today was actually turning out to be a good day, despite my expectations...

      "Hey, kid, I was standing there," a gruff voice called to me. I turned. It was a man, tall and burly with a not-so-nice vibe. "I actually got some questions for 'em so move it."

      Shit. I know this guy. He's not too fond of me after I accidentally dropped soup on his shoes a few months ago.

      "Wait a second. It's you."

      Shit.

      "I'm sorry, sir, but you weren't here when I got here and-"

      "You're just blind. What should I expect, though. You did spill hot soup all over me a few months back." I felt my breath hitch, such a negative interaction is really making me stressed. That's not good.

      "Please, sir. I just want to watch the show in peace. I'm quite shorter than you, surely you can see..."

     "What, are you trying fo insult me now?"

      I let out a whimper, glancing back at Link to try and find some comfort in his figure. Apparently, the small commotion the man was making had caught the blondes attention as he was staring right at us. His brows were furrowed and his eyes seemed go be asking me if I needed help.

      I gently shook my head, urging him to put his attention back to the people. I'd be fine.

      "What, trying to ask the hero for help now? He wouldn't help a bitch like you."

     I flinched. I brought my hands up to my face and began breathing harder. I needed Link at this point. I couldn't handle this treatment.

      "What, are you gonna cry-"

     I felt a pair of familiarly strong arms lift me up and over the fence that separated Link, Zelda, and Impa from the other people. Said boy cradled me to his chest tightly, "What the hell, dude. Leave them alone."

      "Why would you care-"

      "I'm dating them, dumbass. I'd beat you up if my poor baby wasn't here in my arms because you hurt them. Go pick on someone your own size."

      I felt Link walk away somewhere, quiet awws and people yelling at the rude man slowly leaving my ears.

      After a moment, Link sat down, placing me in his lap. "There, there. Mean man is gone now. Open your eyes, love."

     I hesitantly peeked between my fingers, seeing Link's gentle gaze meet mine. A soft smile met his lips and he carefully pulled my hands away from my face.

      "What happened? Why was that man being so rude?"

      "Me was trying to see you but he want my spot. He gots mad."

      The boy hummed, pulling me against his chest and sighing. "I see. That's not very nice of him. Next time I'll ask Zelda to let me keep you by side the whole time, okay?"

      I nodded, playing with his hands. "Okai."

      I felt him kiss the top of my head. "Baby, next time when someones being mean to you just ask me for help."

      "What about the other people thinks I'm weirds."

      "Who cares what they think. Besides, I'm sure they'd understand the situation."

      I nodded slowly, yawning. "Okay, Linky."

      He chuckled, "You can sleep if you want to."

      "What about-"

      "Shhh. I left the festival already. I'll explain to Zelda in the morning. For now you can rest. I'll wake you up later."

      "Okay. Goodnighty, Linky." I cuddled into him, grateful of his presence before falling asleep.

      I felt him smile against my hair, "Sweet dream, my sweet (Y/N)."