Mipha X Reader | Waterfalls

Warnings:
None

Mipha and I sat by by the Veiled Falls, laughing with one another as we shared stories of out past week. With her being a champion and me being sent from Hyrule Castle to help Zora's Domain keep the onslaught of monsters at bay we had few moments to be with each other and to just relax. However, every week we made time to spend with each other and today was one of those days.

"... that's when I dealt the killing blow to the Hinox! He won't be bothering Ralis Pond until the next Blood Moon."

Mipha smiled, "Wow... I wish I could do spin attacks with my trident. Sadly, I don't think it's possible."

I rolled my eyes playfully, placing my chin gently on her shoulder when she turned away from me, "I'm sure you can do it. I believe in you."

She giggled and pushed me off of her gentle, pecking me on the cheek. "Thank you, love."

Soft pattering of small feet interrupted us and we both turned, seeing a small redish pink Zora standing there, staring at us.

"Mipha!" he shouted running over and practically pouncing on the girl. "Up!" Sidon pointed towards the waterfall.

My girlfriend sighed quietly, "No, Sidon. I told you today I was going to spend it with (Y/N)."

"Please..." he glanced between the two of us, eyes widened and begging.

Mipha huffed, looking over at me. "I'm sorry. I'll be right back."

"Oh, don't worry about it, I'll still be here," I said as I watched her lead her brother towards the falling water.

She was so graceful when she swam, letting Sidon clamper onto her back as she approached the falling water. I really wish I was a Zora. Then I could swim up and down waterfalls with her. Maybe even help the other little kids out, like how she does with Sidon. I'm sure Rivan and Bazz would enjoy that.

     I was snapped out of my thoughts when a thin spray of water fell onto me as Mipha and Sidon landed in the water right by me. I grinned as they came back to the shore. Mipha came and sat besides me, letting the sun dry her off while Sidon shook himself free of water.

     "Again!" he shouted happily.

     "No, Sidon, not right now. Why don't you go play with the other children in the domain." She thought for a moment, "Oh, I think Link is visiting from the castle. Why not go find him?"

     He made a little 'ah' sound and began running back towards the bridge. "Link!"

     I chuckled, "He really likes that boy, doesn't he?"

    Mipha nodded, "He does. Link teaches him how to fight with sticks. Sidon enjoys it a lot."

    I hummed, glancing back at the waterfall. "He seems to enjoy riding up waterfalls with you."

     "Well, yes. Who wouldn't? It's amazing. The feeling of water and wind brushing against you, the adrenaline, it's all very nice."

     I smiled, "Wow. I wish I could experience that."

    Mipha suddenly let out a nervous cough and I turned my attention back to her, "Are you alright, love?"

    "Yes, yes. I..." she sighed, standing up. "There's something I wish to give you, however it's back in my room. I'll go fetch it."

     I rolled my eyes, standing as well, "I'll come back down to the domain as well. It's getting late anyway and I don't feel like dealing with Stalizaflos on the way back down later."

    "Alright," she reached out, holding my hand, "That's probably a good idea."

*****

     "Okay," Mipha stopped us just before her door, "I want you to close your eyes."

     "Why?"

     "I want my gift to you to be a secret until you have it. Please, it's very special."

     I smiled, closing my eyes, "Fine. Only for you."

     She let out a giggle and gently led me through her room by holding my hand, stopping me after a few steps. I heard her opening a drawer and some clinking sounds as a set of clothing was placing my outstretched arms.

     "You may open your eyes now."

     I cracked them open and gasped at the blue armor in my hands. "Wow." I held it up and admired it, watching as the lightweight metal reflected the blue colors emitted from the walls. "It's beautiful."

     Mipha nodded, nervously playing with one of the fin-like flaps beside her head. "Yes. I made it myself..."

     I glanced at her, urging her to continue.

     "Well, you see, Zora princesses have been required to give this type of armor to the ones they intended to marry." She looked up at me with her gentle golden eyes. "So... will you marry me, (Y/N)?"

     I widened my eyes, "Of course." I bounced on my feet. "Mipha I never thought you'd ask!" I gently placed the armor down on her dresser and picked her up by the waist, kissing her gently. "I can't wait."

     She smiled brightly, arms wrapped around my neck. "I'm so glad you said yes! I was really nervous."

    I placed her back down, hugging her, "Mipha, love, of course I would say yes. I love you so much."

     "I love you so much as well."

     We stood in content silence for a moment before Mipha spoke again. "You know how you said you wish you could climb up water falls?"

     "Yes?"

     "You can if you wear that armor."

     "What?! We need to try this. Right. Now."

     She giggled, placing her hands onto my shoulders to calm me down, "We can tomorrow, (Y/N). It's late, remember?"

     I smiled, "Right. Tomorrow it it." I winked at her, "We'll make it a date."