BOTW!Link X Reader | Shooting Practice

Requested by: @Polli2123

Warnings:
None

I sighed, sitting up. The early morning sun was filtering across my vision. I leaned over, coming face to face with my bow. Ugh, this fucking bow. It never wants to cooperate with me. I turned to the other side, accidentally bumping Link, who was next to me.

"No. Five more minutes," he slurred sleepily, pulling me into him.

I rolled my eyes, "No, Link. We have to keep moving. We still have divine beasts to free, remember?"

"They can wait..."

"Zelda can't. She needs you."

He made some kind of sleepy hum. "You're the only princess I need." Gosh, he's s stupid. I mean that lovingly, of course.

I scoffed, "Shut up." I then remembered Zelda was technically watching us and lightly smacked his head, "She can gear you, dumbass."

He groaned, now awake, and rolled away from me dramatically. "Ouch, (Y/N)! That's abuse!" He pointed an accusing finger at me and grinned. "How dare you abuse your loving boyfriend!"

"Yeah, yeah. Suck it up, baby." I rolled up the blankets and passed him his weapons. "We should get going."

I also grabbed my weapons, strapping them to the belts I had now but on my torso and waist. However, I hesitated with the bow. I hate that thing. So hard to use, dammit.

Link hummed, "Actually, I have something better planned." He stood and grabbed my bow, extending his other arm to my still seated form. "C'mon."

I hesitantly took his hand, eyeing him suspiciously. "Why?"

"You'll see!"

    With that he tugged me behind him, towards a tree, stopping a few yards away.

    "Yeah... I don't understand."

    He placed my bow firmly in my hands and placed an arrow there too. "Now do you understand?"

    "Yeah... no thanks. You can be the archery nerd. I'll just stick to... cooking."

    He stared blankly at me, "Nope, all you have to do is hit the tree. It's close."

    I sighed, "Really?" he nodded enthusiastically.

    "Yep."

    "Fine, I'll try." I placed the arrow against my fingers and pulled the string back, releasing it after spending a good minute aiming.

    The arrow flew by quickly and shot past the tree. I missed by a lot.

    I sighed, lowering my arms. "There, I tried."

    "No, I know you can do this." He pulled his own bow in front of him, gripping the center and holding it side ways, arm stretched. "Follow what I do."

    "...Fine." I did the same, or at least tried.

    "Here..." He placed his Knights bow down and walked over, adjusting my stance. "There, that's better." He took his weapon back in hand and slowly moved it upwards, holding it almost vertically and pulling the string back.

    I copied him and he gave me a nod. "Now, do the same thing with an arrow." He pulled one out of his quiver and handed it to me. "Here."

    "Alright..." I loaded the bow, going through the same motions as before, urged on by Link's encouraging words. I closed an eye, aiming.

    "Wait, freeze."

    I froze.

    "Don't close one of your eyes. It'll screw with your depth perception. Aim with both eyes open."

I nodded, opening both eyes and focusing on the tree. A little to the left... up... more... now! I let go of the string.

The arrow went flying once more. However, this time it hit the tree straight on.

"Haha... Yes! I did-"

"I knew you could do it!" I was tackled to the floor in a huge hug from my blonde boyfriend.

"Ow! Link, careful! I'm not as strong as you, remember?"

"Oh, right." He rolled off, "Sorry, I just got too excited.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course you did."

"Hey, what does-"

I snatched his Knights bow. "Can I try with this?"

"You want to?"

"Yeah! I want to see if it works differently."

He chuckled, kissing my cheek lightly before holding up his quiver towards me. "Knock yourself out."

I grinned, taking an arrow and aiming for the tree once more, "Thank you, Link."