Sidon X Reader | Am I Enough?

Warnings:
None

      I sat on the platforms surrounding the East Reservoir Lake. I let my feet dip into the water and sighed letting the cool feeling ease my nerves slightly. I sighed, looking at my reflection. I, obviously wasn't bad looking. My (h/c) hair flowed in the wind and my (e/c) eyes practically glowed. Yet, I still felt I was unworthy of being with the Zora Prince. I mean who wouldn't? Not only is he royalty but he's strong and handsome, kind and charming. Truly the best man anyone could ever dream of. Not to mention all the other prettier Zora who loved him. He even had a fan club, although it disbanded when he and I began dating.

I watched with admiration as Sidon performed tricks in the water, elegantly jumping out and spinning, creating small whirl pools with how fast he could swim. Did I mention he's the best swimmer out of all the Zora? Well, he is, even if it goes without saying. I looked back down.

"Treasure, did you see that?" He was still swimming towards me and I jumped, quickly looking up.

"I-What? No. I'm sorry, Sidon." I rubbed my arm lightly. "Please forgive me."

He tilted his head and pulled himself up to sit next to me. "(Y/N)? Are you okay?"

I smiled lightly and nodded, "Yeah." I hated lying to him because I knew honesty is very important in a relationship but when it came to how I feel I could never quite find the words. "I'm alright."

"You don't seem alright. What's the matter?" His large golden eyes reflected such worry it hurt.

I kicked my foot, sending droplets of water onto the lake in front of me. "I just don't feel like I'm good enough for you."

"Oh. Is it something I did?"

I looked up in alarm and shook my head. "No! You didn't do anything, Sidon. You're perfect. I just don't think I desearve you."

He huffed, "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I don't understand."

I sighed, "You're like a diamond. The prettiest and rarest rock you can find. I'm like a piece of flint, not bad but not worthy of being paired with a diamond. You deserve others who are almost as good as you."

He was silent for a moment before snickering, "(Y/N). I completely disagree with that analogy. Even if it was true though, this 'diamond'," he make quotation marks in the air with his fingers. "Would rather be with this beautiful 'piece of flint' named (Y/N)."

My face lit up with a deep blush and sighed, "Sidon..." I whined.

"Yes, treasure?" He smiled. "This name is much more fitting now. Wouldn't you agree, my treasure," he said teasingly and flirtatiously.

I smiled, "You're so cliche."

"Do you not like it?"

"What? No, no of course I like it," I said frantically.

Sidon smiled and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I smiled and leaned into him, "Say, why did you chose me over the girls of your own tribe?"

He looked down at me, the feather atop his head dropping forwards as well, "Whatever do you mean? None of the Zora liked me."

"Sidon, you had a fan club," I dead panned.

"A what?"

I sighed and giggled at the childish innocence in his eyes. "Never mind. Maybe it's best you don't know."

He shrugged and smiled at me, "Alright. Doesn't matter anyway, I'll only ever love you."