chapter ten: "never again"

It's the passing period of 6th period to 7th and I'm walking down the hallway and I just so happen to see Clay leaning against his locker which is right near Mikes class. I've been avoiding him all day and Ignored all his attempts to talk to me. I can feel his eyes staring me down like an eagle. I try to walk past him but he jumps in front of me and I bump into his chest. 

"Watch where you're going!" I spat and tried to continue walking but he jumps in front of me again! Ugh!

He scratches his neck and says "h-hey Anna, you left the party without saying goodbye. I just wanted to know if you got home safe."

I shook my head back and forth and snapped "why would you care anyways? Shouldn't you be asking your GIRLFRIEND if she got home safe?" Clay looks uncomfortable. As he should.

He rests his hand on my shoulder and I grab it and throw is down. "Yeah, about that...I should've told you about her. Sorry If I was giving you the wrong message." Clay admits.

I can't deal with this excuse for a man any longer. "The wrong message? Really? I'm done." I respond with anger in my voice. I try and get through him but he's blocking the hallway so I can't get through. "Fine." I huff and turn the other way to go the long way to class. He jumps in front of me AGAIN! 

"Anna, Anna, I really do like you it's just that my girlfriend can be controlling sometimes, I want to break up with her for you." Clay says really fast trying to keep me engaged in his conversation. 

"Then do it." I turn around again and see Mikes back at the door greeting his students. Please I would rather be in there than with Clay. I feel a hand grab my wrist and pull me backwards. 

It's Clay. "I'm sorry Anna, I'll break up with her, I'll break up with her." He repeats.

This boy needs to get his hands off me! "Don't touch me!" I growl. I look at Clay one more time before heading to Mikes class for the third time. I was getting closer and closer to Mikes class until a far too familiar hand grabs my arm by surprise and I gasp while the arm turns me around towards it's handler. 

"Lets talk about this please Anna!" Clay begs. 

I am not having it today so I scoff but Clays grip on my tightens and it starts to hurt. I decide to confront Clay head on. "Let go of me." I say in a warning tone.

No response, so I try to squirm out of his grip but nothing is working and I'm starting to feel trapped and freaked out. "I SAID LET GO OF ME!!!" I scream for everyone to hear. There's silence and whispering filling the hallway. Apparently I screamed loud enough that I caught Mike's attention. He comes running over to me.

"Get off her!" Mike says while detaching Clays grip from my arm. Clay looks around confused as if he doesn't have a clue about what just happened. 

Mike goes into his pocket and grabs a piece of paper, "Go to the office." He says while writing on the sheet of paper. He hands the paper to Clay and says "here".

"B-But!" Clay tries to defend his actions.

"Now!" Mike demands. He looks at me and my arm and there is a bruise on where Clay was grabbing me from. "Are you okay Anna? Do you want a pass to the nurse?" He asks me with compassion. Honesty I have had WAY worse than this simple bruise, and what will the nurse do anyways? Give me an ice-pack?

"No, I'm fine" I say with aggression in my voice. There is a crowd of people around us just whispering, desperate for some entertainment. I wave my hands in front of me as if there was a fly. "Shoo! Shoo!" I tell the people and they don't move a muscle.

"You heard the young lady, Shoo!" Mike backs me up. "Let's get to class kiddo." I follow Mike to class and take my seat, as usual, in the the back. Today we are learning something about the geography of the world or some shit that I don't care about. I zone out for a good 30 minutes until I hear a timer go off.