chapter seventeen: "i hate that bitch!"

Mike dropped us off at my house. It's now almost 5 am and we are supposed to wake up for school at 6:30. That gives us at least an hour of sleep. Right now Kate and I are sitting lifeless in my living room, taking in all of the events that happened tonight. Kate is still crying and I don't have the energy or the want to go comfort her so I just get up from the couch and leave to my room without saying anything. She's still super high so its not like she will even remember most of what happened anyways. She's lucky. If it wasn't for her I would be peacefully sleeping in my bed not worrying about what my parents are going to say, or how my ass is going to feel in 8 hours after Mike is done with it.

The morning.

I hear my stupid alarm going off. Is it time to get up already? My eyes drift open and I really wish I would've just stayed asleep forever because that's a better outcome than going to school today. I force myself to get out of my bed and go take a shower because I smell like I haven't taken one in years, and plus taking one will wake me up. I should probably go check on Kate to make sure she's awake but that's her problem. As the warm water hits my back I sigh in relief. It feels like all the bad actions of just a couple of hours ago are being washed off but unfortunately the consequences still linger around like leeches. After my relaxing shower I do my skincare routine and go get my ugly school uniform from my closet. I grab Kate one too because she doesn't have anything with her. That means I will have to share all my things with that bitch girl. I walk downstairs because that's where my iron is and walking past the living room I see Kate passed out on the couch. I've decided not to wake her up because she looks so peaceful! Just kidding, I'm not going to wake her up until we have 10 minutes before we have to leave for school so she is all rushed and stuff. I iron my uniform and don't even bother to iron Kates. It's the least I could do. I internally grin. After doing my hair, makeup, and eating a granola bar I look at the time and it's 7:00. We have to leave at 7:10. I guess it's time to wake her up.

"KATE!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs, "GET UP WE HAVE TO LEAVE!!!" I tell obnoxiously.

She literally didn't move a muscle so I scream even louder. "KATE! GET UP!!"

I see her eyes squint open and she has major eye bags under her eyes. She groans and sits up while covering her face with her hands, "What time is it?"

glancing at my watch, "7:02, you have 8 minutes or I'm actually going to leave your sorry ass here." I sass.

"WHAT!?" She screams and I smile because my plan worked.

"Sorry hunny, but you might be the one that has to steal a car this time." I bitch to her. Kate gets up and runs to my bathroom franticly. I know I'm being rude to her but she deserves it.

After 8 minutes Kate still Isn't ready. I'm not actually going to leave without her but It's funny to see her reaction. I wait one more minute and Kate is ready but she looks like she just went through a shit show.

Brushing her hair she asks me, "do I look okay?"

"You look good don't worry about it!" I lie. She still looks high. Like wayyyy up there high.

My driver takes us to school and Kate is still doing her makeup on the way there. Couldn't be me. I get out of the car and leave Kate behind. I go straight to my first period early because I have nothing better to do. Mr Wilson and I are the only two people in here.  I don't feel like talking to anyone today because I'm running off of basically zero sleep.

"Good morning Anna, nice to see that your early." He says smiling.

I ignore his question for a second then answer. "Huh? Oh yeah." I say while walking to my seat at the back of the class.