chapter twenty eight: there's no way out this time?

Once Mike left, I take 2 melatonin. At this point I'm not even going to update any of my friends about what's going down tomorrow. They can find out when I'm sent off to boarding school I guess. At least they wont spank me there right? That's a positive?

As I walk up the stairs I peek into Mia's room and she is knocked out. Ugh, I would pay money to be her right now. Slowly but surely, I crawl into my bed and wait for the melatonin to kick in. But Literally all I can think about is how pissed my parents are going to be when they find out the strictest high school kicked me out. There has to be some sort of trophy for this! Good thing my parents won't be back for a hot minute. Maybe I should just run, and start a new life somewhere...

------------------------

"C'mon Mia I'm going to leave without you if you don't hurry up!" I shout up the stairs. The one day I need to be early she woke up late of course.

"Shut up Anna I'm coming!" she hollers back at me.

But by the looks of the empty staircase it doesn't look like she coming. But finally, after an ungodly amount of time she comes racing down.

As we drive to school I'm kind of silent which is unusual for me. I hope Mia doesn't notice anything or I'll be toast. But Mia is also being silent, Imagine we have the same idea. Now that would be crazy.

"Bye girls!" Our driver announces as we open the car doors.

I look at the big letters carved into the wall of school. 'Stone Garden High School.' Is this the last time I'll see these words? Is this the last time I'll get out of that car with Mia?

"I'm going to Mikes class early today, I forgot my notebook in there," I lie to Mia.

She chuckles, "go get it then."

After our exchange I kind of speed walk to Mikes class. I don't think I've ever sped walk to his classroom in my whole time going here. There's a first time for everything, but this definitely wont be my first time getting expelled. God, I hope Mike can bust out his convincing skills for me. He did it that one time we pulled the alarm... although this is way way worse than that.

I bust open Mikes classroom door and walk in. He doesn't even look up at me from his desk. walking over and stopping in-front of his desk, directly in his line of sight, he still doesn't acknowledge me.

I cross my arms and then raise my voice and holler, "MIKE!"

He glances up at me then back to his laptop, "I'm clearly doing something Annabella. Do not raise your voice at me."

Tilting my head back in frustration I sigh, "we literally have to go fight for my life, I would think that's pretty important!"

"Because of YOUR immature choices may I remind you."

I sigh and sit down in response. He's not wrong, but I hate hearing it. Maybe If I wasn't so fucking dumb this would never be happening.

"Anna, I don't think you understand how big of a deal this is. The school can press charges against you! Words cannot describe how disappointed I am in you." Mike says while closing his laptop. He stands in front of me and grabs me up by my forearm, and leads me out of the class.

As we are walking down the hall, I take this as an opportunity to ask him a question. "Do you think I'm a bad person?"

"No, but this is not the time to ask this."

I groan, "well this might be the last time I can ask you a question. Before I'm sent off to boarding school!"

"Later Anna. Lets focus on the present not the future-"

"Yeah because there will be no future for me" I say and interrupt him.

He stops us abruptly in the middle of the hallway and forcefully turns me to make eye contact with him.

"Enough of this somber talk! What you are feeling right now is the consequences of your own actions! Everyone makes mistakes yes, but the only way you learn not to make mistakes is to take responsibility. So whatever happens to you after we come out of this office, you brought upon yourself."

I mumbled a "mhm" after he was done lecturing me. It scares me how right Mike always is. Although, If I do expelled, the thing I will miss the least is his lectures.

I'm sitting down while Mike is talking to the lady in the front about our appointment. This is probably the last time I'll sit in this office, the last time I'll see the front lady flirt with Mike. I swear every woman's legs get wobbly when he enters a room. Mike turns around and tilts his head in the direction of Mr. Stonies office. I stand and Mike goes in front of me entering his office. Here we go...

Mr. Stonie is sitting in his desk chair, "please sit." He demands.

I do as he says with no hesitation, this is the time I will have to be on my 100% best behavior.

Clearing his throat he looks at Mike, "so, Mike has told me a little bit about why your visit is so essential. Care to tell me the full story?" He now directed his attention towards me.

I fidget with my hands, I can't believe this is happening. "Uh, yes sir." I reply. I explain everything from top to bottom, of course not mentioning Kate, Mia, or Devyn. I tell him everything about Carrie and my little 'revenge' I had painted on the school. Mr. Stonies expression hasn't changed the whole time. I'm scared.

With the silence in the room I decide to plead my case. "Sir, you don't understand how much Stone Garden has changed my life! I'll take whatever punishment you want to give me but please, let me stay!"

He sighs, "thank you for coming forward on your own, but Anna?" He opens his file of me, "considering your extensive record, I haven't seen much improvement."

I look over at Mike and make a pleading look, I need him to stand up for me.

Mike stands up, "Sir, I know I promised you I had her under control, and believe me I'm trying. And I know this is unexcusable behavior!" He glances at me, "but Isn't that why Stone Garden was established in the first place? To be there, and help guide young souls like Anna here?"

Mr. Stonie raises his voice, "yes! Very unexcusable behavior indeed!" He shakes his head, "here's what's going to happen Anna."

I make intense eye contact with him. The words that are about to come out of his mouth could make or break my future.

"I'm not going to expel you or Carrie, but extensive punishment will have to be carried out. Starting off, you both will be suspended for 3 days, you will have to remove and pay for the damages you did the the school. And when you come back from suspension you will be paddled in my office by me, to set you on the right track for the rest of the school year. Understand?"

I'll take it! I nod up and down.

"The rest of your punishments will be handled by Mike in whichever way he sees fit."

Great, that totallly sounds fun! I can't be ungrateful though! No boarding school for me! "Once again, I'm so so sorry sir, I promise you will not regret your decision." I say

"I'll make sure of it," Mike adds.