chapter nineteen: her first day

Yesterday on Sunday, Mia's things and possessions arrived on my door step. Her parents really didn't give a second thought about her. They just said their goodbyes and now Mia is living with me. 

Mia walks into my room on this early Monday morning. "Hey Anna, what am I supposed to wear to your dumb school?" She huffs, "I don't have my uniform yet."

I stand up from where I was sitting on my bed and open my closet, "Here"- I toss her one of my uniforms, "You can borrow mine until you get yours." 

Mia thanks me and then goes into one of the guest rooms in my house that my parents are turning into hers. My parents are only going to be home for a couple more days until they are off to a different continent again. So it will be just me and Mia, which is a good idea. Mia and I with no supervision is a recipe for fun. I finish getting ready for school and go get my cousin so we can leave. We tell my parents goodbye and then leave for school. 

"I'm nervous.." I see Mia fidgeting with her fingers.

"Don't be." I reassure her, "It's not that bad, just pretend to be respectful and you won't have a problem." 

"But-"

I interrupt her, "Trust me, I know from way too many personal experiences." Sometimes I still can't shut my stupid mouth. But I just can't take it when someone tries to tell me what to do.

Looking out my window I see our destination. We get closer and closer until we are in the drop off line. Soon enough though, I will be able to drive myself to school. No more driver. 

Mia and I step out of the car with backpacks on, ready to face the new day. Turning to Mia I say, "C'mon, I'll show you where to get your schedule. 

"What do you say we skip today? We can go shopping or something." 

That sounds like a fun idea, not going to lie. But It also sounds like a sore butt idea. "We can do that when my parents leave." I shoot her idea down. "Because If you miss a day of school they will call your parents or whatever, so... when they are out of the continent we will be able to do whatever the fuck we want and they won't know about it." I grin.

She smiles at me, "Just like old times." 

"Just like old times." I reply.

After we get her schedule, I check to see if we have any classes together, and we only have first period, lunch, and- oh my god! She has social studies for her last period like me! I check to see who is the teacher and It's Mike! Is that a good thing or a  bad thing? I don't know. 

I feel tugging on my arm, I look and see that it's Mia. 

"Whos Coach Davis?" She asks me.

I don't know why she's asking but, "Um Coach Davis is my soccer coach. Why?"

She holds out a small piece of paper and points to Coach Davises name, "It says right here that he is my mentor?"

I take the paper from her hand and put it closer to my face so I can see better. It actually does say that her mentor is Coach Davis. I'm not sure how I feel about that because Coach Davis is strict, but not too strict. So I guess I'm happy for her! I hand her the piece of paper back and explain what Coach Davis is like.

I hear someone screaming my name from across the hall. I bet it's Kate.

"ANNNNAAA!!!!!" The voice grows louder and I was right.

"KATEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" I scream back. Last week when we had the fight I wanted to bash her face in, but right now I'm glad we're friends again.

We bear hug each-other.