Chapter 10 (amortentia)

(Y/N)s pov:

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I groaned. I still had a headache from yesterday because I drank too much. The Yule Ball wasn't as I was expecting. First, the whole thing with Draco and how he tried to kiss me but I declined. Then, bumping into Professor Snape and doing the stupidest thing I could ever do. I kissed him. I did regret my choice but not because I didn't want to kiss him even though I was drunk, but because he would never love me the way I loved him. He will never see me like that.

'Good morning sunshine.' Hermione smiled at me and she pulled the curtains more open which allowed the sunshine to shine in even more.

'How did it go with Draco? You left kinda early,' she said with a wink.

'Oh, it was fine. Speaking of, tell me everything about what I missed yesterday! How did it go with Ron?'

A small smile appeared on the face from Hermione which made her face light up. That sounded good in my eyes.

'You know we have classes today right? You should hurry up.' My eyes widened. How could I forget that I have classes today. They normally get cancelled the day after the Yule Ball but they decided not to do that this year and I have no idea why.

Hermione and I walked to the Great Hall together and my eyes fell on Professor Snape. Shamely i lowered my head and with a blushed face I sat down at the Gryffindor table.

'(Y/N), how did it go with...Draco?' Harry said. Harry didn't like him at all and the same was true for Draco.

'Oh it was fine, thanks for asking. How was your night?' I said while poking in a bit of yoghurt with my spoon.

'Oh it was amazing!' he rambled. I was trying to pay attention to his story but I couldn't help but look at the Professors table. Snape was sitting there, also poking his food just like I did. He was probably deep in his mind and thinking about yesterday.

3rd person pov:

Hermione and (Y/N) walked through the halls of the Hogwarts school. They had Defence against the dark arts and they haven't seen Lockhart since the little encounter (Y/N)

and he had that night. She was excited to see who would step in for Lockhart. When they stepped in the classroom Hermione and (Y/N) didn't see anyone yet.

'Where is Lockhart?' she asked. (Y/N) thought about if she should tell her the truth but she decided not to, not wanting to cause any more trouble. A minute had passed and almost every student was waiting for a Professor to come in, loudly chatting with each other. Someone walked in and it was Professor Snape.

'Good Morning class. I expect you all to be on your best behaviour. I will be the substitute for now because Lockhart is...' he tried to find the right words,' Lockhart had something urgent and he had to go. Now, turn your pages on 386.' he said while writing something down on the board with his back to the class.

Snape tried to not think about what had happened because he had to focus on the class. This silly little accident could possibly not affect his way of performance in the class. Oh but how bad he wanted (Y/N) to touch him.

In the meanwhile (Y/N) thought about what she should do now because of course she meant what she said and she didn't want Professor Snape to think she was just drunk so she decided to talk with him after class.

'Sir, can I please talk to you?' (Y/N) said as the students walked out of the classroom after learning something, she didn't know about what because she only thought about what she should say.

'Miss (L/N), if this is about yesterday, then no. I'm busy and don't have time for this nonsense right now.' (Y/N) didn't leave after he said this. They had to talk about it and instead she just kept standing in front of the desk that wasn't really his but from Lockhart.

'You're still here?' he sneered and raised one eyebrow at (Y/N).

'We really need to talk about this Severus. I meant what I did and said yesterday. Of course I was a bit drunk but it was an action I would never have dared to do sober. Please, can we just give this a chance?'

'It's Professor Snape for you lady,' was the only thing he said. (Y/N) didn't know anything other than crossing her arms and kept staring at him until he was getting annoyed by it. A minute passed and Snape couldn't do any work with this insolent child in front of his nose, looking at every movement he made.

'You're too young for me and also too young to know what you really want. I know you will regret it later and not even including that I could lose my job if I would ever start a romantic...relationship with one of my students,' he sissed. (Y/N) knew Snape was scared to start a relationship because of his past with Lily that she knew about. But she did know a solution to the job part.

'We can keep it a secret...' she said while blushing at him.

'Miss (L/N), go to your next lesson. I don't want to see you here.' (Y/N) gave up and went away.

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. Harry and (Y/N) studied together for quite some while before Ron and Hermione joined too.

--------------------------------time skip to potions class-------------------------

'We will make the Amortentia potion today, after a few weeks of theories. To the people who don't know what this is,' while Snape said this line he looked strictly to Ron and Harry,' if you make it right and smell it, you will smell the ones you are attracted to. In other words you could say...your soulmate like I said last time.' He walked around the class and made eye contact with each student. The students looked scared as always, except Malfoy of course. He is so full of himself but everybody knows he is a man of words and not action. A student from Slytherin pulled her hand up.

'What do you smell sir?' Snape looked at the student without giving an answer to her question.

'Page 461, ingredients are over there. Begin.'

'Now Miss (L/N), what does yours smell like?' Snape asked after I told him I was done. Hermione was already done with the potion and she smelled perfume Hermione gave to Ron in the fifth year of Hogwarts, bacon and cooking. It was kinda obvious who it was for her and (Y/N) was happy for her.

I leaned over my Amortentia potion and took one deep breath. It was really vague but she did smell some things.

'Strong coffee, candles, old books and a hint of whiskey and rain.' She barely smelled the whiskey and rain but she did smell it. She tried to think of who could smell like that but nobody smelled like whiskey. She was underaged and that was impossible or just an alcoholic. The second thing she couldn't imagine, alcoholic.

'Very well then. Are you sure you have made the potion correctly?' (Y/N) was shocked by this question because she didn't make any mistake.

'Is it not what i was supposed to smell?' she asked with a frown on her face. Snape stared at her for a hot minute before he walked away without saying anything.

'I see you after class miss (L/N).' Snape said.

'What! Bu-,' she got cut off in the middle of her sentence.

'No buts. You do as I say,' he said. Hermione gave me a confused look because also she knew I didn't do anything wrong. What is wrong with him. First he rejects me after I opened up my feelings in a harsh way and now he gives me detention for nothing!

(Y/N) stood in front of the desk while Professor Snape wrote some things down; she couldn't quite see what.

'Why did you want to speak with me, sir?'

'Are you sure...that you smelled those things in your Amortentia?' (Y/N) thought about it better before she nodded.

'Speak,' he said. Snape didn't like when people gave no good answer to something.

'Yes, i'm sure. Why is this important?' A silent fell while Snape tried to find a way to respond to that.

'It's nothing, please go.'