Chapter 32

(Y/N) wasn't feeling up to having more people around her so she decidedly avoided the Great Hall and just walked around Hogwarts for a bit before finding a good spot in front of the window.

The sky was a dark blue and filled with clouds which covered the stars you would normally see. Just by observing the outside world made her think about all the possibilities and adventures out there. Sure, she was stuck in Hogwarts for now until graduation but after that she could do whatever she wanted. (Y/N) briefly thought about what she wanted to do in the future this year but couldn't find anything she enjoyed. It had to be something she was good at and enjoyed. Maybe she didn't have to be good at it but it would be more convenient for later. She actually did think about teaching at Hogwarts so she could be with Severus. That plan would probably not go any further than just dreams after what had happened. (Y/N) tried to convince herself they could have a healthy relationship and work out their problems but Severus was so damn stubborn. It was nearly impossible and she wished she could ask someone for help to try and understand him.

She could clearly see that his mother's death had a great impact on him which meant he cared for her, that was obvious enough.

Severus probably had a complicated family band and she was sure it must not have been that awesome all the time. At least, that's what (Y/N) heard from the rumours. Now that she thought about it, it really wasn't the good choice to stalk off like that. Especially because everyone is supposed to think she's dead which she somehow totally forgot. She cursed under her breath and fast-walked towards the quarters again. He may be impossible to be around but (Y/N) had no choice. It wasn't just for her own sake but for others too. If the Dark Lord finds out she's still alive, Death Eaters would come looking for her at Hogwarts and that would set students in a dangerous position. More important: Harry Potter. (Y/N) knew there was something important about him and he was the only one who could defeat Voldemort. That's all the information she had.

She knocked on the door and it swung open as if he had been waiting in front of it the entire time. His face was furious but his eyes held the sorrow. It didn't look like he had cried while she was gone but she did see the sparkling in his eyes that indicated he tried to hold them in. (Y/N) opened her mouth to say something even though she wasn't even sure what to say but Severus already walked away, leaving the door open for her entrance. She stepped in and looked around to see where Severus runned of to before hearing a door close. She sighed and dragged a hand down her face when she found out it was his bedroom door. It was maybe for the best to leave him there instead of interrupting and risking another outburst from that impossible man. (Y/N) couldn't ignore her belly begging for food so made her way towards the kitchen and checked every cupboard and the fridge to see what she could make for them.

There wasn't much choice to pick between. She found hundreds of tea sorts and some old bread in the cupboard. The fridge contained a few eggs, milk and some other things that were likely rotten already. He really should be taken care of himself better. She also had the option to summon one of the house elves but didn't know whether they should know she was alive so decided to play it safe and made some eggs and toast. It wasn't the perfect meal but it was all they got right now and it looked like Snape wasn't even planning on eating dinner. It may be that he forgot or simply did not care about it.

(Y/N) took out two slices of bread to toast and then after briefly thinking, two more for Severus. It didn't matter that the two weren't talking and had just gotten into a fight because he needed to eat. She turned on the muggle radio she had seen him with one time and the silent room was immediately filled with happy tunes. She wasn't familiar with this particular song but the song itself was okay. She cracked the eggs and stirred it around to make scrambled eggs so that she wouldn't fuck it up. She could cook, of course she could but she was too lazy to make something else.

(Y/N) knew this was going to be hard. It was weird how their 'friendship' or however you would call it could change so fast. It felt like everything was perfect but then all of the sudden Severus turned her back towards her. Of course, she was mad at him after the events but it still felt like she got stabbed in the back. She shook her head and started searching for plates, knives and forks. Maybe he would also like some tea with it. After finding everything she needed she heated some water for the tea and brought Severus' plate with her to his bedroom. Knocking once, she didn't hear a reply and sighed.

'I know you don't want to see you but I made dinner. Could I come in?' There still wasn't a sound, nothing at all. It was like no one was there on the other side.

'Please. Or I'll just leave it at the door if you prefer that?' It remained quiet and (Y/N) rolled her eyes and put the plate down on the floor.

'Immature.' She knew she was childish for trying to fight him again but was it really so hard to apologize. She didn't do anything wrong and wanted to comfort the man. It was okay to feel sad after hearing your mother died but Severus had other opinions on that apparently. She stalked off towards the kitchen and poured the tea into two cups and left one on his doorstep next to the plate before retreating to the living room to eat. He wouldn't be mad if she ate in the living room right?

The muggle radio was still on and one song slowly faded to another one while she was eating. This was indeed going to be a challenge.