Chapter 25 (free)

Severus stared into the red fire flames lost in thoughts. He had to make a plan to get her out of there without making Malfoy suspicious that it was him. He twirled the glass of firewhiskey in his big hand before taking a decent sip of it.

The alcohol didn't affect him so much anymore because he was used to it. Whiskey used to be his way out but then decided to get sober and never use it again after some incidents that had happened while Severus was drunk. Well, that didn't go as he wanted to and here he was again, two glasses of firewhiskey in his stomach already and his third one in hand. He narrowed his eyes, trying not to lose his staring competition with the fire. How can he get her out of here?

Then it suddenly hit him. Severus rose up from his chair and with fast passes he walked out of the room.

It was already late in the night and Severus assumed everybody slept already. This would make the job to save her easier.

He made his way down the steps to the dungeon his dear (Y/N) was sitting in, locked up from the outside world. It wouldn't surprise him if she would choose to ignore him or even refuse to come along! But that second one was out of question and Severus didn't accept a: 'no' for an answer. It was for her own good and maybe she will never want to talk to him again, it didn't matter for him though. He just wanted her safe.

'(Y/N),' he whispered. A soft mumbling sound came out of the dark and Severus' eyes looked around, searching for the dark figure. His eyes fell upon the girl in the corner and he walked over to her.

'(Y/N). Come with me.' Severus stook out a hand, waiting for her to grab it but (Y/N) batted it away.

'I'm not going anywhere. Especially not with you.' (Y/N) avoided looking in his eyes and kept hers ferm on the ground.

'Please, I'm getting you out of here.' This grabbed her attention and he saw her shifting, changing her sitting position.

'Really?' Severus pursed his lips together and nodded. He had to admit, this may not have been the best decision but it was all they got right now. He also knew (Y/N) would be furious if she heard his plan once they got out of here.

'Promise.'

Severus offered his hand again but she batted it away once more. She struggled to get up and after probably a minute, she stood on her legs. (Y/N)'s vision blurred out for a second and she saw black spots in front of her.

Severus started walking and stopped at the exit when he realized (Y/N) was still standing on her spot.

'Are you coming?'

She sighed and followed with shaky legs that felt like they would relapse any moment.

Her gaze was fixed on the ground while walking across the place she had spent many hours in: the hours with mostly Lucius and sometimes Bellatrix. She didn't want to be reminded of those times she felt like dying and Severus must have noticed because he placed a hand on her shoulders and gave a quick smile at her. It was small and almost not noticeable, but for (Y/N) it was.

They arrived on the other side of the gate and Severus placed his hands on both of her shoulders, forcing her to stare in his eyes.

'(Y/N), I know you must hate me for all the things I have done and i'm truly sorry. I understand if you don't accept my apology but I can assure you, I tried to do what was best even though it was a hard choice. I'm here now and I won't let this happen again.'

The words fell out like it was practiced and it probably was. (Y/N) shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another, not knowing whether he really meant it or not. She scraped her throat that hadn't talked in days: 'Thank you.'

There was a moment of silence taking over and the tension hung in the air. The relationship between them was broken and Severus knew he had to regain her trust again.

'Let's go,' he wrapped his hand around (Y/N)'s arm to apperate them and at first she didn't recognize the place. But after a quick look around, she turned to Severus.

'Spinner's end?'

(Y/N) had recognized the living room through the pictures Severus kept in his private chambers. She was surprised that he took her here knowing how many memories were attached to this place.

'What are we doing here?' she asked while fidgeting with her worn out clothes. Severus' eyes looked concerned when he gazed at her physical state.

'Let's get you freshen up before talking.' his hand made a motion to a door that (Y/N) guessed was the bathroom.

He opened the bathroom door for her and led her in, shutting the door close behind her softly.

She took in her surroundings: A bath big enough for two people against the corner of the room, shower was next to it with glass and a black curtain. The toilet and the sink were opposite of the room, facing the shower and bath. It was a bit narrow but big enough for one person.

She stripped out of her clothes before running the hot water over her dirty looking skin. Her muscles relaxed and her skin tingled from the warmth.

(Y/N)'s hair was wrapped in a white towel just like her body. She unlocked the door and saw some fresh clothes on the bed that weren't hers. It was a white button up and some sweatpants that were probably Severus' seeing the size of it. She thanked him quietly before putting them on and walking to the living room.

Severus' was sitting in front of the now lit fire, reading a book in one of the leather chairs with his legs crossed. She observed him for a bit before letting him know of her presence in the room. He occasianily licked his lips and the brows were always furrowed.

'Had nobody taught you it was rude to stare?' she jumped at hearing his silky, soft voice thinking he hadn't noticed her yet.

'Uhm- yes sorry.' She stood in front of the door, waiting for him to say something. Severus closed his book, laying it down on the table in front of the chair.

'Sit down. Would you like some tea?' He looked over to her and (Y/N) tried to make her voice speak but nothing came out so decided on a nod.

She sat down on a chair opposite of Severus and he walked to the kitchen for the tea.

'Please don't get mad but,' he hesitated and (Y/N) could hear the hesitation in his voice even though he was in the kitchen, out of her eyereach, 'I just had to get you out of there and there was only one way.'

He came back in the room and placed a tray of two teacups and a pot of sugar on the table as well.

'Lucius and Bellatrix had planned on....killing you. I couldn't waste anymore time after hearing that and had to think fast. I'm going to convince them I already killed you after you 'escaped'.'

(Y/N) looked back at him with confusion. She didn't quite understand what was going to happen now.

'So, they think i'm dead?' Severus took a sip from his tea before meeting her gaze.

'Yes.'