Chapter 26 (comfort)

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

(Y/N) continued to glare at Severus. How could he do this without even discussing it with her? She could never go back to her old life and her friends and family would think she's dead. (Y/N) thought about how they would react, hearing the news their friend is dead and her parents who would cry their eyes out after hearing their only daughter is gone.

'So what....I'm supposed to hide forever now?' she said with a sneer. Where was she even going to hide? She had no home, no money and no food which no normal person could survive.

'Indeed.'

'And you thought this was a good idea without even asking if I wanted to do it? We are talking about my life here and you can't just take matters in your own hands.' (Y/N) rose from the place she was sitting and her head was red from furiousness. She was practically yelling at her Professor at this point.

'Oh and did anybody even notice I wasn't at Hogwarts? That I wasn't attending my classes for god knows how long. Didn't Dumbledore notice?' Her mind was full with questions that she didn't think about when locked up in Malfoy's Manor but were now rising above sea.

'(Y/N) please, yelling isn't going to solve anything.' Severus pinched the bridge of his nose while shaking his head disapprovingly. He hated when people started yelling as if that would help.

'That isn't an answer to my question.' She crossed her arms in front of her chest while puffing a strand of hair that fell into her face. (Y/N) tried to stay calm but the fact that Severus was so relaxed over this made her anger rise more.

'I informed Dumbledore. He knows of the situation and as for the rest you were talking about. Your friends and the staff were told you were on holiday with your parents and out of reach for anyone to contact.' He sipped once more from his almost cold tea but didn't bother to replace it with a hot one. 'The news that you are supposedly 'dead' is going to be announced tomorrow by Dumbledore to Hogwarts. Your parents will receive the news from Dumbledore personally, also tomorrow.'

This was absurd. How could he ever think this so-called plan was going to work and it wasn't even planned out right. He wasn't thinking while letting her escape. (Y/N)'s life was practically destroyed.

How could she ever forgive the man sitting opposite of her for doing this? How could she ever be head to toes over this awful bastard.

'You're a jerk, you know that right?' She scoffed and continued the angry staring contest that they made.

'It was for your own good and you know that. Stop acting like an ungrateful brat and be thankful that you even managed to survive!' His voice was filled with pure hate but he didn't raise it, it was still the same volume as before.

'You're calling me an ungrateful brat? Listen to yourself. You ruined my life and I won't forgive you for that.'

Severus pursed his lips and remained silent but stood up and walked to the kitchen while (Y/N) just stared at his back, not breaking the silence either. It took a moment before he got back in the living room again and he held two plates with food.

'You must be hungry.' It was obvious that Severus wasn't up for having this discussion at the moment and (Y/N) let it be because she was starving and craving for the food.

They were both seated opposite of one another and she started biting into her sandwich and was surprised that it didn't taste dreadful even though it was just a sandwich.

It was around midnight already and she had trouble keeping her eyes open after having her belly filled with food. Severus must have noticed and asked (Y/N) if she was tired but she couldn't answer it before she passed out from exhaustion.

He tried to wake the sleeping body up but it didn't seem to move and so he sighed and picked her up. It was maybe for the better that she was unconscious because else she would be putting up a fight, saying she didn't need help or that she wasn't tired yet. She was going to kill him if she ever found out he was touching her, especially after the visit that lasted a few days at the Malfoys.

Severus laid her underneath the covers of the bed and it looked like he was going to sleep on the couch downstairs.

He sighed and looked at the lifeless body in the bed. He really did screw up this time just like that one time with Lily. The worst thing is that he knew this was going to happen. He knew he was going to lose (Y/N) and was prepared for it. Severus wouldn't let this girl break his heart and wanted to focus on the tasks he had to do as a spy. They should've never started this and he couldn't blame anyone else than himself. It was stupid and recless, the girl probably didn't even love him. It's just a foolish crush and he had to let go. From now on, no more of this and just focus on the important things.

Severus took a quick shower to relax his muscles that were aching from pain, mostly his back from all the kneeling. He decided to sleep in his boxers, knowing (Y/N) won't wake up anytime soon because she truly did look tired after barely sleeping for a few days.

He fell asleep rather quickly, being tired himself too after spending some sleepless nights. It wasn't long before waking up to hearing someone scream. He grabbed his wand from the table in front of the couch, thinking there is an intruder or someone else who might be dangerous.

Then he remembered (Y/N) and heard the screams going over in sobs from his bedroom. Severus sighed before pulling himself up from the uncomfortable sofa, already feeling the back pain from the position.

The sobs continued and didn't get any louder but also not softer. Was she having a nightmare? He casted Lumos and walked towards the closed bedroom door and hesitated. Maybe it would be weird to comfort her, especially after she got so mad at him for 'ruining her life' as she called it while Severus called it 'saving her life'. He knew he wasn't going to fall asleep knowing (Y/N) was crying so knocked on the door to see if she would maybe be awake but when he didn't hear anything, he walked in. The Lumos from his wand lighted the room a bit and mostly created shadows.

(Y/N) laid in bed at the spot he placed her before sleeping himself and noticed she was crying in her sleep. He walked over to the side of the bed, sitting down and pulling her half on his lap. Her hands immediately went to his chest, trying to hold on to nothing and her head was on his shoulder.

'It's alright. You're here and you're safe. Don't worry.' He hummed in her ear to make her calm down which she did. (Y/N)'s eyes opened and looked at the shadow she was holding on to with dearest life through her blurry tears. It didn't matter who it was, she just wanted to be with someone right now.