Chapter 27

The gold, bright sunshine peered through the black, thin curtains. She tried to roll over to the other side to avoid the sun shining in her eyes, almost making her blind but couldn't move. Something was holding her, arms were around her waist and she was pressed against something hot. A soft breathing was coming from behind her against her ear and she felt the warmth against her neck.

(Y/N) turned her head a bit, looking at who it was behind her and suddenly remembered everything that happened that night. She woke up in the middle of the night with someone holding her close and she was crying, not even knowing why anymore. She didn't dare to move because she was scared to wake him up and maybe he would be mad at her for crying and screaming in her sleep. It wasn't like he had the right to even do that after what he had already done but then again, Severus could be quite intimidating even after knowing him for years.

He stirred next to her before opening his eyes. Realization hit him and (Y/N) could exactly tell in which moment he realized the situation they were in now.

'Oh shit. (Y/N) I'm sorry but you were having nightmares and I just comforted you.' He stumbled out of bed and tried to stand on his feet but he tripped and fell on the ground with a hard thump. (Y/N) laughed out loud and quickly threw her hand before her mouth but her shoulders kept shaking from silent laughter.
Severus was still on the ground, not being able to move and scared that if he did that he'd just fall again.

'Are you okay?' she asked after her laughter died down.

'Don't laugh at me. I just woke up.' It wasn't threatening or a warning but it was filled with amusement. He stood up while holding himself steady with his hand on the mattress.

'Breakfast?'

(Y/N) nodded and still giggled when thinking back about what just happened. It's funny how the circumstances changed so fast. This wasn't a side of Severus she had seen yet even though they had been very close before being captured. Only now, (Y/N) noticed the man standing half naked in front of her only in his boxers.

'Shouldn't you get dressed first?' He looked at her with a confused look before eyeing himself in the mirror.

'Indeed.' He got dressed in some slacks and a white sleeved button up while (Y/N) decided to take a shower before breakfast.

It wasn't very long before she got out of the shower and smelled the fresh scent of eggs, bacon and toast. (Y/N) had little option on clothing so she walked over to the wardrobe and picked some things out, hoping Severus wouldn't mind her wearing her clothes. She chose a grey shirt that was falling large on her frame, almost coming down to her knees. The sleeves were short and the grey was washed away a bit. She tried to find some pants or literally anything else to wear but couldn't find anything that wouldn't immediately fall down to her ankles. At least she had some knickers to wear under it and decided this will do. It wouldn't be the first time for Severus to see her like that and hoped he wouldn't have a problem with it for now.

(Y/N) made her way down the kitchen and saw him with his back towards her. There was some soft music from a muggle radio which surprised her greatly. He was humming along with it while flipping the bacon and watching an eye out to the toast so that it wouldn't burn. She didn't dare to interrupt him and loved watching him like that. He had black trousers which fitted his frame perfectly, showing all the good things and his white button up was hanging open over his shoulders.

She leaned against the doorframe which suddenly creaked and Severus snapped his head to the side before turning his entire body towards her. His eyebrow rose as he scanned her from her toes to her head.

'Bold choice.' He went back to cooking and (Y/N) seated herself at the wooden table. There was an awkward silence and words they both wanted to say but remained lingering around them in the air. When Severus was done, he decorated two plates and placed one in front of her on the table and seated himself opposite of her with his own plate.

'Al- Dumbledore is coming this afternoon. We will make a plan so that you're safe.' (Y/N) hummed in satisfaction. She wanted to comment on the other more important things, at least for her more important.

'You don't have to hide forever. Just until the Dark Lord is defeated which won't take long I hope.'

But what if they did lose the war? She knew that the order was very busy with the war that was coming up and trying to find a way to win it. It won't be easy, that's for sure.

'May I ask you a favor?' Snape looked nervous and was playing with the food on his plate, shuffling it around with his fork and not once bringing it up to his mouth.

'Of course.'

'There are a lot of things that happened between us. We....' he avoided her eyes and looked around the room. 'The things we did were not appropriate. I'm still a teacher at Hogwarts and I have a duty to fulfill. You must understand that everything that happened between us has to stay a secret between us two and we can not continue it either.'

(Y/N) knew exactly what he was talking about. It didn't cross her mind that much since she was so occupied with the other things. Severus' job was depending on it and more essential: his cover could be blown away if Voldemort would ever find out about the two and would not hesitate to kill or torture him. They had a war to win which was something that came first.

'I understand.'

Although (Y/N) felt upset about what he had said as if it was nothing. She felt like it was just a one time thing for him and nothing special while it was very special for her. She had trusted him and allowed him to hurt her, show him her vulnerability.

Severus nodded and cleared his throat, continuing playing with his food.

'That's settled then.'